open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: One would be safe in wagering that any given public idea is erroneous, for it has been yielded to the clamor of the majority. -- Edgar Allan Poe
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Westworld TV Series
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

Fluke71
Posted 2016-09-27 12:18 PM (#14353)
Subject: Westworld TV Series

I vividly remember the original movie back in my childhood, it made a lasting impression. I have opted out of seeing the movie again as an adult in fear of ruining a good memory But this new series looks great! and then a friend of mine got to see the first 4 episodes, and he loved it. I just re-enabled my HBO subscription and i cant wait for 2. October.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3u0IlBBO4

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2016-09-27 2:26 PM (#14354 - in reply to #14353)
Subject: RE: Westworld TV Series

Admin

Fluke71 - 2016-09-27 12:18 PM I vividly remember the original movie back in my childhood, it made a lasting impression. I have opted out of seeing the movie again as an adult in fear of ruining a good memory But this new series looks great! and then a friend of mine got to see the first 4 episodes, and he loved it. I just re-enabled my HBO subscription and i cant wait for 2. October. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3u0IlBBO4

It looks fantastic to me and I can't wait.  I'm still trying to decide if I should re-watch the movie for the same reasons you mention.  I made that mistake with Escape from New York so I'm leaning away from it but I may just risk it.  I've always loved Yul Brenner.

Bormgans
Posted 2016-10-01 10:00 AM (#14370 - in reply to #14354)
Subject: Re: Westworld TV Series

Regular

A Belgian journalist also saw the first 4 episodes and called it the best SF series ever. Trailers look extremely promising.
Bormgans
Posted 2016-10-04 6:43 AM (#14383 - in reply to #14370)

Regular

I loved the first episode. It's clever mixture of diverse things like Groundhog Day, 7-of-9, Deadwood, Asimov, multiple storyline interactive gaming and Spielbergh's A.I.

Some good acting all around, especially the mental struggling of the robots.
Fluke71
Posted 2016-10-18 11:25 AM (#14447 - in reply to #14353)

Just finished ep. 03 and i love it. Only thing i dislike is that i have to wait a week for the new episode. I love the exploration of the emerging AI in a Deadwood environment There is a Swedish series called kta mnniskor (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180271/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt) that deals with a similar scenario where the humanoid AI's becomes sentient, US series copied it and called it Humans.

It will be interesting to see how they are going to spin this over multiple seasons, they must plan on spilling it over in the outside world. Because once the androids start the killing the park must close and the security forces roll in, its over.
Bormgans
Posted 2016-10-21 8:43 AM (#14464 - in reply to #14447)

Regular

Third episode was a bit messy content wise: the whole emergency of self conscious AI seems written in a very sloppy way. Conceptually it hardly checks out. Maybe it'll get fixed in future episodes, but I doubt it.
DrEvilO
Posted 2016-11-09 3:12 PM (#14547 - in reply to #14353)
Subject: RE: Westworld TV Series

Considered the most 'videogamey' TV ever produced.
Deven Science
Posted 2017-01-14 7:44 PM (#15089 - in reply to #14353)

Uber User

Boy the season finale really shook things up. I'm curious to see how season 2 will play out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)