open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "History often resembles myth, because they are both ultimately of the same stuff. -J.R.R. Tolkien
- (Added by: icowrich)

Killjoys
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

voerdus
Posted 2016-07-06 7:06 AM (#13930)
Subject: Killjoys

New User

I just discovered the SyFy show Killjoys after a post on io9 about the start of the second season last Friday.
In the io9 post it is described as a Firefly meets Angel.
I'm wondering if someone also saw it, I have still some mixed feelings about the show but will probably keep watching it for now.
What bothers me most is the lag of main characters, there are basically only the core team and if one is generous Lucy as core characters and all the "supporting" figures kind of lack depth and time on screen. I hope this will change with the second season (I haven't watched the first episode yet) after events at the end of the first one clearly gave potential for some positive developments in this regard.
On the other hand it is really good to have a strong female lead (and I have a weakness regarding an English accent ), and the world building is quite nice in my opinion.
If anyone has also watched the first season I would be really happy to hear your thoughts about it. Or if someone who haven't seen it wants some more information I can try to give some spoiler free answers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fluke71
Posted 2016-07-31 9:20 AM (#14108 - in reply to #13930)
Subject: Re: Killjoys

I have watched the first 2 episodes a while back. But ill give it another try What stopped me before was that i dint belive in the characters, and i felt i had seen this kind of plot before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)