open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe." - Robert A. Heinlein
- (Added by: Administrator)

Death Race 2000/Death Race/The Racer
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

handwasher
Posted 2014-05-06 11:45 AM (#7530)
Subject: Death Race 2000/Death Race/The Racer

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be hosting a podcast discussion about Death Race 2000 and the Jason Statham remake, and also the Ib Melchior story "The Racer" it's based on. I'm curious if anyone out there has read the story, seen the movies, and wants to contribute a few thoughts.

On the podcast, we always rank the story/book/movies, so that'd be an easy way to contribute, or you can get more specific about what you thought of either film and if you thought it was a good adaptation of the story (if you've read it). Feel free to comment here or over on the post I put up about it.

BTW, the podcast is called Take Me To Your Reader.

-Seth
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2014-05-06 9:10 PM (#7536 - in reply to #7530)
Subject: RE: Death Race 2000/Death Race/The Racer

Admin

Hey Seth,

Sounds like a fun topic!  I've seen the original movie though it was years ago.  As I recall I really liked it but often times these things don't stand up to another viewing so many years later.  I may have to risk it!

I do remember seeing the Statham noise fest.  It was noisy and stupid in all the right ways if you're just looking for some smash 'em up violence.

I was not aware the movie was based on a book.  Looks like we've got another book/film to add to our Genre Lit Flicks list.

I'm looking forward to the podcast.  Please let us know when it's posted so we don't miss it!

handwasher
Posted 2014-05-07 1:17 PM (#7546 - in reply to #7530)
Subject: Re: Death Race 2000/Death Race/The Racer

"The Racer" is a short story, so I'm not sure it qualifies for the Genre Lit Flicks list, at least as currently composed. We also covered "The Fly," another short story and "Farewell to the Master," which is the story on which <i>The Day the Earth Stood Still</i> was based.
handwasher
Posted 2014-05-31 7:27 PM (#7865 - in reply to #7530)
Subject: Re: Death Race 2000/Death Race/The Racer

Well, we gave it all a good talking about: http://pavementpodcast.com/podcast/death-cast-2000/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)