open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane. -- Kilgore Trout -- Kurt Vonnegut -- (Breakfast of Champions)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

add Sidewise Award??
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

oldbuddyhank
Posted 2016-06-13 5:16 PM (#13800)
Subject: add Sidewise Award??

New User

I understand that we are inundated with new awards on an annual basis.  The SIDEWISE Award has been around for twenty years.  It is given to novels and short form writing in Alternate History, which I consider to be a notable side-genre for SF.  Some might argue that it is mostly British, but other British awards are compiled.

Books like Plot Against America by Phillip Roth, or Charles Strosses' Merchant Princes series are examples of excellent winners of this award.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2016-06-13 9:36 PM (#13801 - in reply to #13800)
Subject: RE: add Sidewise Award??

Admin

oldbuddyhank - 2016-06-13 5:16 PM

I understand that we are inundated with new awards on an annual basis.  The SIDEWISE Award has been around for twenty years.  It is given to novels and short form writing in Alternate History, which I consider to be a notable side-genre for SF.  Some might argue that it is mostly British, but other British awards are compiled.

Books like Plot Against America by Phillip Roth, or Charles Strosses' Merchant Princes series are examples of excellent winners of this award.

Hank, old buddy, I think we can make room for the Sidewise  It's on our list of awards we want to cover but I'm not sure it's at the top.  I think the next ones up are Hugo and Nebula shorts and after that I don't remember.  I'll talk with Ubers and see where we are.  Just looking at the award it seems we've got most of those books in the DB so if it turns out to be low hanging fruit we might just knock that one out.  More info when I have it.  Thanks for the request!

oldbuddyhank
Posted 2016-06-14 2:50 PM (#13804 - in reply to #13801)
Subject: RE: add Sidewise Award??

New User

Many thanks for your reply and consideration
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)