open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." - Jerry Seinfeld
- (Added by: Administrator)

Wrong subgenres Three Years with the Rat
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

dalex
Posted 2017-02-06 3:36 AM (#15238)
Subject: Wrong subgenres Three Years with the Rat

Veteran

I recently read Three Years with the Rat and it has the wrong subgenres - near future and time travel.  I think the correct subgenres would be alternate/parallel universe, psychological, and (maybe) mundane sci-fi.  Can someone correct this, please? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2017-02-06 8:49 AM (#15239 - in reply to #15238)
Subject: RE: Wrong subgenres Three Years with the Rat

Admin

dalex - 2017-02-06 3:36 AM I recently read Three Years with the Rat and it has the wrong subgenres - near future and time travel.  I think the correct subgenres would be alternate/parallel universe, psychological, and (maybe) mundane sci-fi.  Can someone correct this, please? Thanks!

The sub-genres are input by members.  The 3 that show are the 3 that are most used by our members to describe that book which means if you're the only person to tag the book your tags are what displays until others come along to "correct" it with tags of their own.

Somebody tagged them that way and the only way they will change is if that person changes the tags themselves or they get "overruled" by the majority when other folks come around and tag them differently.  I see that you're the only person who has tagged the book as read so you'll need to enter your sub-genre choices to start the process.

We allow people to tag the sub-genres without having to tag the book as read so that we can get some basic tags in there when the book is added to the DB.  Those tags go in based on the synopsis or by what that Uber knows of the book so they can sometimes be a bit off the mark.  They will eventually correct themselves as people add more accurate tags.

Rhondak101
Posted 2017-02-06 10:09 AM (#15240 - in reply to #15238)
Subject: Re: Wrong subgenres Three Years with the Rat

Uber User

Dalex, I just entered your preferred tags, so if you go tag them too, then they will probably override the others.
dalex
Posted 2017-02-06 3:15 PM (#15242 - in reply to #15240)
Subject: Re: Wrong subgenres Three Years with the Rat

Veteran

Thanks, Admin, for explaining how the subgenre tags work. Rhondak101 I did what you suggested and it seems to have worked; thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)