open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Sometimes people are layered like that. There's something totally different underneath than what's on the surface. But sometimes, there's a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie." ~ Dr. Horrible - Joss Whedon et al.
- (Added by: Administrator)

Crime, mystery, detetive & spy novels
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Off TopicMessage format

jontlaw
Posted 2017-04-15 4:05 PM (#15582)
Subject: Crime, mystery, detetive & spy novels

Veteran

So, I really really like Worlds Without End. This site is what got me back to some serious science fiction reading, after many years away. It's also been the basis of more shopping trips than I can count. I'm in for a pound. But . . . .

Now that my marriage is past, I think that one of the very best things that could possibly happen right now would be if someone (like the folks who started this site, ) would create, or point me towards an already existing site, that is exactly like this site, except for being focused on crime, detective, mystery and spy novels. Somewhere that I could enjoy my fascination with Sax Rohmer, Sherlock Holmes, Dashiell Hammett, and Ian Fleming the same way this site lets me express my love of Philip K. Dick and so many others.

So, if the site is out there, and my searches just haven't turned it up yet, someone please please let me know.

And if it isn't (yet), well . . . you know . . .
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rhondak101
Posted 2017-04-16 6:12 AM (#15583 - in reply to #15582)
Subject: Re: Crime, mystery, detetive & spy novels

Uber User

Jontlaw, I have never found one, but I wish I could. The best I've found (which is not very good) is Stop, You're Killing Me, but it is much more modern in its content than you describe. http://www.stopyourekillingme.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)