open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: My pass had disappeared. Not that I believed for a moment that this was an accident; in fact, I had suspected for some time now that the Cosmic Command, obviously no longer able to supervise every assignment on an individual basis when there were literally trillions of matters in its charge, had switched over to a random system. The assumption would be that every document, circulating endlessly from desk to desk, must eventually hit upon the right one. A time-consuming procedure, perhaps, but one that would never fail. The Universe itself operated on the same principle. And for an institution as everlasting as the Universe certainly our Building was such an institution the speed at which these meanderings and perturbations took place was of no consequence. - Stanislaw Lem (Memoirs Found in a Bathtub)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

forum avatars
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Welcome to Worlds Without End! -> New Features & NewsMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2008-06-25 2:58 PM (#1403)
Subject: forum avatars

Admin

hey everyone,

we've updated the avatars in the forum from 80x80 px to 120x120 px.  they also will show larger in the my world page.  the new size looks better all the way around and you can get more detail at the larger size.  if you already had an avatar you'll want to post up a new one as the smaller ones will be stretched and lose some sharpness.

click here to create a new avatar

mypictr is a neat service that will let you select, crop and resize any image you have into any size you might need.  the link above will create a default crop area of 120x120 for you.  no software or skills necessary.  easy peasy.

- dave

Top of the page Bottom of the page
carlajpatterson
Posted 2013-04-06 11:58 PM (#4921 - in reply to #1403)
Subject: Re: forum avatars

Um, what about Gravatar? It seems to be the only option when setting up a profile at this point. Problem is, I have created one but it won't show up here. Instead, every time I try to add it, I get sent back to the Gravatar site and told to make a new one, though I already have one made. Any help would be appreciated! :D
Administrator
Posted 2013-04-07 8:47 PM (#4923 - in reply to #4921)

Admin

Looks like you got it worked out.  As long as you use the same email address in your WWEnd account as you use on your Gravatar it should work.  It sometimes takes a few hours for it to show the first time.  Perhaps that was the issue.
carlajpatterson
Posted 2013-04-08 1:16 PM (#4927 - in reply to #1403)

Ah! Thanks. :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)