open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Power attracts the corruptible. Suspect all who seek it." - Frank Herbert - Chapterhouse Dune
- (Added by: Administrator)

SFF Bookstores
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> ResourcesMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2008-08-02 11:25 PM (#1423)
Subject: SFF Bookstores

Admin

we've just added a Bookstores section to our resources pages that you folks should check out.  we've got a list of specialty book stores that deal only/primarily in Science Fiction and Fantasy books!  these are some kick butt shops and should you be lucky enough to have one in your neck of the woods, run, don't walk, and buy your books from them!

if you know of any brick and mortar stores that we've missed please let us know and we'll add them to our list.  we're looking for independent bookstores with a physical location, not online shops or comic stores that happen to sell a few SFF books.

one sweet example of what we're talking about is Borderlands Books in San Fran.  i've not been myself but Rico has and he took this cool gigapan of the place.   if you've not seen gigapan before it's a massive pic that you can zoom way in on for more details.  click a few of the snapshots to see what i mean.  you can even read the book spines.  pretty cool.

man, i wish those guys were in Dallas!  the proprietor, Alan (abeatts in the forum), is a member here so you can ask him any questions you might have.  be sure to visit his website for more details!

- dave

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Wade
Posted 2014-11-12 12:37 AM (#8863 - in reply to #1423)
Subject: Re: SFF Bookstores

This is great for new authors like me!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)