open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The living tongue that tells the word, the living ear that hears it, bind and bond us in the communion we long for in the silence of our inner solitude. -- Ursula Le Guin (The Wave in the Mind)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Goodreads Choice as an award?
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

NateT
Posted 2019-12-10 11:48 AM (#21533)
Subject: Goodreads Choice as an award?

So the 9th annual Goodreads Choice Awards were just announced. SciFi, Fantasy and Horror have been categories from the beginning. "Paranormal Fanatasy" was also a category for the first three years (2011 - 2013). Books are voted on by readers (strictly Goodreads members, I think) from a nomination field of 20. Thoughts on adding these three categories of Goodreads Choice as awards?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2019-12-22 12:30 PM (#21558 - in reply to #21533)
Subject: RE: Goodreads Choice as an award?

Admin

NateT - 2019-12-10 11:48 AM So the 9th annual Goodreads Choice Awards were just announced. SciFi, Fantasy and Horror have been categories from the beginning. "Paranormal Fanatasy" was also a category for the first three years (2011 - 2013). Books are voted on by readers (strictly Goodreads members, I think) from a nomination field of 20. Thoughts on adding these three categories of Goodreads Choice as awards?

Sorry for the long delay in replying.

I like the Goodreads Choice Awards because they have some serious numbers behind them -- Atwood's The Testaments got almost 100,000 votes! --  and I like the look of the lists. There are some great books rising to the top in the categories we all like.

I don't think there is much point in adding them to WWEnd though. They're complete in themselves and those who want to follow can join over there. You can do all the tracking and tagging on GR which leaves us just copying their thing. It would be a lot of work for not much gain in my opinion and we already have many other awards we want to add to the site as is.

NateT
Posted 2020-01-03 12:54 PM (#21644 - in reply to #21533)
Subject: Re: Goodreads Choice as an award?

I agree with your points, although I do like how WWEnd shows you your stats for percent read of the winners and nominees over time. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Edited by NateT 2020-01-03 12:56 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)