open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. -- William James
- (Added by: gallyangel)

New here
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Off TopicMessage format

divinenanny
Posted 2012-02-20 2:09 PM (#3054)
Subject: New here

Some may have already noticed me on this site. I saw the post by Dave in the GMRC challenge board, about all my reviews, and thought I might as well introduce myself. I'm Sara, from the Netherlands, 28, and I read quite a bit. These last few years I have been getting more and more into SF, attracted to it because of my dad, who loved SF. I started out reading some Greg Bear, Iain M. Banks and Margaret Atwood, and after raiding my dad's collection also got in to older stuff like Clarke and Asimov. Now I search second-hand/thrift shops for classic SF books, keeping the Hugo and Nebula lists handy, and now your website.
I have been a very active member of LibraryThing for years, where I post all my reviews and have all my books catalogued. One of my friends on there recommended this site to me, and I have been hooked ever since finding it a couple of weeks ago. I have tried to find all the books I have in you lists, and have posted and shared any reviews I did. I love this site, the lists, the reviews and the extra information it offers. It is on the top of my books-websites, and I can't live without it anymore.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2012-02-20 10:00 PM (#3056 - in reply to #3054)
Subject: RE: New here

Admin

Hello Sara and welcome aboard, officially!  Thanks for introducing yourself and for the wonderful compliments.  I thought you'd jump in sooner or later after I saw you post about 50 reviews.  You've come to the right place to feed your SF appetite and you've arrived at just the right time.  Our membership is really growing and we're getting more and more participation all the time.

The reviews have been off the hook the last few months.  We were on a steady climb towards 500 then BAM!  You popped in with your catalog of reviews and we screamed past the 500 mark.  Now we're over 600 which is really awesome.  The awards and the lists are one ofour biggest draws.  It can be addictive trying to turn the page all green!

Great to have you here and many thanks for all the great contributions!

Emil
Posted 2012-02-21 6:48 AM (#3058 - in reply to #3056)
Subject: Re: New here

Uber User

Welcome Sara, and thanks for sharing you reviews!
iftyzaidi
Posted 2012-05-17 4:19 AM (#3219 - in reply to #3054)

Hello Sara, good to see you here. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to be much of a presence here or on LibraryThing the past month or two. Do keep posting your wonderful reviews!
Deven Science
Posted 2012-06-13 12:04 AM (#3385 - in reply to #3054)

Uber User

Welcome, Sara.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)