open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I was a despicable person, doing despicable things, in a despicable world. I thought you wouldn't have noticed me at all. - Glenn Hough (970 A.D.S.)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

What Are You Reading In November?
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

Badseedgirl
Posted 2013-11-04 8:47 AM (#5728)
Subject: What Are You Reading In November?

Uber User

Well I failed to finish my WOGF challenge. I love zombies, so why am I having such a hard time finishing FEED by Mira Grant, I mean Dang, I have read some real crappy zombie books and never batted an eye. Why am I having trouble with a "good" zombie novel.
I have won a few books over at Goodread.com, so I will need to get those read and reviewed as they come in. Anyone interested can fins me under the same username over there.

November reads:

FEED - Mira Grant, and I mean it this time. December is a crazy month for me and I have even less time to read!
Missing Time - J David Clarke, it's one of the books I won over at Goodreads and it is so complex, it makes The City & The City seem like "Dick and Jane" which brings me to
The City & The City - I'm about 1/3 of the way through and its getting better, but I still have so many questions!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
justifiedsinner
Posted 2013-11-05 8:21 AM (#5729 - in reply to #5728)
Subject: Re: What Are You Reading In November?

Uber User

Finished The Book of Skulls which was so-so. Started Dark Eden but I'm not too far into it yet to form an opinion. Also half way through Cloud Atlas, parts of which I really like but on the whole I preferred number9dream.
Marleana
Posted 2013-11-06 2:54 PM (#5730 - in reply to #5728)

Reading Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson
Picked up Ender's Game.
pauljames
Posted 2013-11-10 9:26 AM (#5737 - in reply to #5728)

Veteran

Just finished Shadowmarch by Tad Williams. Wow what a large fantasy story. Ended with multiple characters storylines, which I really look forward to reading about in the future. I have never seen a book like this before - 4 maps and an index of characters and places.

Next this month I will read a mainstream novel and then a Dean Koontz book.
DrNefario
Posted 2013-11-10 1:46 PM (#5738 - in reply to #5728)

Uber User

Finished Michael Chabon's Kavalier and Clay a couple of days ago, which didn't seem particularly genre to me, although it is on the Guardian list. I guess it had one slightly fantastical element, but I think it was the fact that it was about comics that appealed to me. I liked it, anyway. It was the second of three big fat paperbacks I want to read before the end of the year, and also the shortest, at a mere 630-odd densely printed pages.

Sine then I've also read my last WoGF book, Tea with the Black Dragon by RA MacAvoy, which I've been keeping back for an emergency since it was nice and short, but then I got to the end of the list without any emergencies. An enjoyable off-beat fantasy.

I might have another quick foray into crime before starting on the third big book, The System of the World by Neal Stephenson. I'm not sure.
Scott Laz
Posted 2013-11-11 5:09 PM (#5752 - in reply to #5738)

Uber User

Finished The Sinful Ones by Fritz Leiber. Now on to River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay and the May 1953 issue of Galaxy (Gunn, Sheckley, and Simak, not to mention Willy Ley speculating on the possibility of building a space station in the not-too-distant future)...
jontlaw
Posted 2013-11-18 1:30 PM (#5765 - in reply to #5752)

Veteran

Lilith Saintcrow and Gail Carriger. It's a vaguely-steampunk, kinda urban fantasy kind of month.
Switters
Posted 2013-11-19 10:13 AM (#5766 - in reply to #5765)

Finished The Lathe of Heaven by Le Guin and A World out of Time by Larry Niven. Started The Years of Salt and Rice by Robinson. Still working on the Drowning Girl by Kiernan and Carrion Comfort by Simmons.

I'm all over the place this month.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)