open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I believe the way toward mastery of any endeavor is to work toward simplicity; replace complex technology with knowledge. The more you know, the less you need. From my feeble attempts at simplifying my own life I've learned enough to know that should we have to, or choose to, live more simply, it won't be an impoverished life but one richer in all the ways that really matter." Yvon Chouinard
- (Added by: Acknud)

Richard Paul Russo
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> AuthorsMessage format

DrRSG
Posted 2013-12-10 9:53 AM (#5812)
Subject: Richard Paul Russo

New User

Just read Ship of Fools with mixed feelings. I like the writing style and the characters and plot were sufficiently interesting to maintain my interest and finish the book. However, unless the author plans a continuation I find unanswered questions frustrating. It would be nice to know the fate of both ships and the motivation of the aliens explaining their behaviour. This is particularly so given the theological/philosophical content. I find it hard to believe that an alien society so technologically advanced can indulge in mindless violence.

Richard
Top of the page Bottom of the page
justifiedsinner
Posted 2013-12-10 1:50 PM (#5813 - in reply to #5812)
Subject: Re: Richard Paul Russo

Uber User

It's on my TBR stack so I can't really comment. I liked his Carlucci series - a sort of Raymond Chandler noir set in a near-future San Francisco.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)