"If you liked..." feature
twinmom22
Posted 2019-12-29 3:33 PM (#21589)
Subject: "If you liked..." feature

As a librarian, finding features like the "If you liked..." is always helpful for patrons (and myself). Is there a way the site's users can contribute to those lists? For instance, Arkady Martine's "A memory called empire" seems to be a fit with C.J. Cherryh's "Foreigner" series because of the immersion of a diplomat into another very different culture.

How are these connections made? Can we help?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2019-12-29 7:01 PM (#21593 - in reply to #21589)
Subject: RE: "If you liked..." feature

Admin

twinmom22 - 2019-12-29 3:33 PM As a librarian, finding features like the "If you liked..." is always helpful for patrons (and myself). Is there a way the site's users can contribute to those lists? For instance, Arkady Martine's "A memory called empire" seems to be a fit with C.J. Cherryh's "Foreigner" series because of the immersion of a diplomat into another very different culture. How are these connections made? Can we help?

Hi, twinmom22, and welcome to WWEnd! I'm glad you like the rec feature and I appreciate you wanting to contribute to it to make it better. That feature is automated based on member generated sub-genre tagging. Basically it matches the book you're looking at with other books that have been tagged with the same sub-genre. The feature is only accurate if we have good tags from our members.

Since it is automated the only way to improve it is to tag all the books you've read. More tags equal better results for both the rec engine and the sub-genre search.

Please let me know if you have other questions or comments about WWEnd.

Top of the page Bottom of the page