open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'" - Isaac Asimov
- (Added by: whargoul)

Heroic Fantasy
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

Oaks Lab
Posted 2014-04-26 1:07 PM (#7344)
Subject: Heroic Fantasy

Anyone found a decent 'best heroic fantasy' or 'best sword and sorcery' novel list? Or can you post a good list here?
This would be a good one to add to the Book Lists, as after just browsing through them I have noticed a distinct lack of heroic fantasy! Most of the fantasy is fairytale/supernatural.

I'm guessing its because this type of fantasy cannot often soar as high as some Science Fiction concepts but for many its a not so guilty pleasure!

I'm thinking Dragons of Autumn twilight and books in that vein?

Any thoughts on expanding to include for swords and sorcery bookies?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2014-04-26 2:04 PM (#7348 - in reply to #7344)
Subject: RE: Heroic Fantasy

Admin

Oaks Lab - 2014-04-26 1:07 PM Anyone found a decent 'best heroic fantasy' or 'best sword and sorcery' novel list? Or can you post a good list here? This would be a good one to add to the Book Lists, as after just browsing through them I have noticed a distinct lack of heroic fantasy! Most of the fantasy is fairytale/supernatural. I'm guessing its because this type of fantasy cannot often soar as high as some Science Fiction concepts but for many its a not so guilty pleasure! I'm thinking Dragons of Autumn twilight and books in that vein? Any thoughts on expanding to include for swords and sorcery bookies?

If none of our current awards or lists works for what you're after the David Gemmell Legend Award might be what you're looking for.  We'll be adding it to the site soon. If there is a S&S award or list that you like please let us know and we'll add it to our list of awards and lists for consideration.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)