open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action." - Frank Herbert
- (Added by: Administrator)

"Add to My Reading List" getting unticked
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

illegible_scribble
Posted 2015-12-31 2:19 AM (#12210)
Subject: "Add to My Reading List" getting unticked

Uber User

I've noticed that when I click on and go to the record for a book which is in my Reading List, sometimes when the record comes up, the "Add to My Reading List" box has been unticked. Several things got dropped off my Reading List in this way when I ticked a Challenge or Award or added subgenres or a review and saved the record without noticing that the "Add to My Reading List" box had been unticked. I think I've found them all and re-added them to my Reading List, but I'm really not sure.

It seems to mostly happen to Novellas which are in status "Reading" rather than in "Not Read" -- but I can't swear that this is conclusive. I realized yesterday that Genevieve Valentine's Novel Persona (for which I added a review) had somehow gotten missed on my Books Read in 2015 even though I would have added it to that Challenge when I marked it Read (and would swear that I did), so I don't know whether that is part of this problem or an oversight on my part.

It's just bizarre. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
DrNefario
Posted 2015-12-31 5:25 PM (#12215 - in reply to #12210)
Subject: Re: "Add to My Reading List" getting unticked

Uber User

I'm sure I had a problem with the "Reading" status losing challenge assignments some time ago. I think I mentioned it somewhere. My workaround was just to stop using it. I go from Not Read to Read now, and everything has been fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)