open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I can bear anything as long as there are books. - Jo Walton (Among Others)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Austin Texas bookstore
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

Shipp
Posted 2016-02-01 7:14 PM (#12555)
Subject: Austin Texas bookstore

New User

To Whom It May Concern, On the basis of the list of SF and Fantasy bookstores in your list, I noticed one was in Austin, Texas, where I live: Austin Books and Comics. So I went by there today. Hmmm. All they have is comics, and graphic novels, no SF or Fantasy books. Don't know if this is the sort of thing you want to know about or not, but here it is. I think at one time they may have had books, 6 or 8 years ago. You all do a great job with the website. Keep it up. I do have a question: I have a difficult time keeping the Hogo and the Nebula lineup straight. It seems like when one is doing the 2015 awards, the other has the 2014 awards. Very confusing. Do you have a quick and easy, one sentence way to keep these award times straight? Mark Shipp Austin, Texas
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2016-02-01 10:20 PM (#12557 - in reply to #12555)
Subject: RE: Austin Texas bookstore

Admin

Shipp - 2016-02-01 7:14 PM To Whom It May Concern, On the basis of the list of SF and Fantasy bookstores in your list, I noticed one was in Austin, Texas, where I live: Austin Books and Comics. So I went by there today. Hmmm. All they have is comics, and graphic novels, no SF or Fantasy books. Don't know if this is the sort of thing you want to know about or not, but here it is. I think at one time they may have had books, 6 or 8 years ago. You all do a great job with the website. Keep it up. I do have a question: I have a difficult time keeping the Hogo and the Nebula lineup straight. It seems like when one is doing the 2015 awards, the other has the 2014 awards. Very confusing. Do you have a quick and easy, one sentence way to keep these award times straight? Mark Shipp Austin, Texas

That's too bad they don't do books anymore.  It seems like none of the comic shops carry books these days.  It used to be you could go in and get at least the trending new titles.  I guess I can take it off the list knowing that.

As for the award years I agree they're confusing.  Some awards use the year the books were published and some use the year in which the award ceremony is held.  The funny thing is that the folks who run the awards confuse it too and will oftentimes use the wrong year on their own sites.  I don't know of any mnemonic devices for it or anything like that.  For me it only matters when I go to post the results

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)