open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I don't confuse greatness with perfection. To be great anyhow is the higher achievement. Mirror Dance by Lois McMaster Bujold
- (Added by: jfrantz)

Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II
[Frozen]

Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2016-03-09 11:24 AM (#12938)
Subject: Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

Admin

The other request thread was getting a bit long in the tooth so let's start a new one.  It looks like most of those requests have already been handled but if there are any that we missed please copy them into this new thread.

Some notes on requests:

• only Science Fiction, Fantasy, or Horror books in English
  • novels, collections, anthologies, related non-fiction, novellas, novelettes, award-winning short stories are all fair game
  • traditionally published books only - no self-published or vanity press books at this time
  • please provide title and author
  • if your requested book is part of a series please include the series name and all titles in the series if we don't have them already
  • eBook only books are OK as long as they are from a traditional publisher

If you request a boat-load of books at the same time you may get a frowning so please only request books you need for your reading challenges or that you intend to review etc.  We want to be able to respond to everyone as fast as we can so hit us with a few at a time rather than a giant list.

There are exceptions to some of these guidelines (like if a self-published book gets an award nomination) and we're pretty loose in our interpretation of genre but they're straight forward enough.

Please keep in mind that our Uber Users are strictly volunteers and may not be able to get to your requests right away.  We also have other projects, like new awards and lists, that may take them away from fulfilling requests.

If you have any questions post them here.  Cheers!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
valashain
Posted 2016-03-09 1:21 PM (#12940 - in reply to #12938)
Subject: Re: Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

Uber User

Posting so I'll get notifications.
illegible_scribble
Posted 2016-03-09 4:56 PM (#12941 - in reply to #12938)
Subject: Re: Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

Uber User

General Guidelines for Short Fiction requests

Most of the Novellas, Novelettes, and Short Stories which have been entered into the database thus far has fallen into at least one of the following categories (and a lot of it has fallen into two of them):

1) nominated for, or won, an Award 
2) available to read for free online
3) available to purchase in standalone form (rather than only as part of a magazine, collection, or anthology)

gallyangel
Posted 2016-03-09 9:03 PM (#12943 - in reply to #12941)

Uber User

> The Elder Races series by Thea Harrison

This one was awhile ago. It's in now.
Weesam
Posted 2016-03-10 7:09 PM (#12953 - in reply to #12938)

Uber User

Yah, new thread!

Can we get the remainder of Michael Scott Rohan's Winter of the World series? Book 1 went in recently as part of the Fantasy Masterworks series, but books 2 through 6 still need to be added. Thought I might give this series a read as I have had them in my to be read pile for going on 15 years!

Also, while on Michael Scott Rohan, can you add the stand alone book The Lord of Middle Air.
valashain
Posted 2016-03-11 2:50 AM (#12957 - in reply to #12953)

Uber User

Weesam - 2016-03-11 2:09 AM

Yah, new thread!

Can we get the remainder of Michael Scott Rohan's Winter of the World series? Book 1 went in recently as part of the Fantasy Masterworks series, but books 2 through 6 still need to be added. Thought I might give this series a read as I have had them in my to be read pile for going on 15 years!

Also, while on Michael Scott Rohan, can you add the stand alone book The Lord of Middle Air.

These six are in.
dustydigger
Posted 2016-03-12 1:16 AM (#12970 - in reply to #12957)

Elite Veteran

Thanks ,galleyangel, for adding the Thea Harrison Elder Race series!
Could you please add the latest Nalini Singh Guild Hunters book,''Archangel's Enigma''? Thanks.
valashain
Posted 2016-03-12 1:54 AM (#12971 - in reply to #12970)

Uber User

dustydigger - 2016-03-12 8:16 AM

Thanks ,galleyangel, for adding the Thea Harrison Elder Race series!
Could you please add the latest Nalini Singh Guild Hunters book,''Archangel's Enigma''? Thanks.

It's in.
controuble
Posted 2016-03-12 1:40 PM (#12974 - in reply to #12938)

Veteran

I've seen some short story collections in, so could you please add the latest Rachel Caine "Midnight Bites", publisher is NAL.
Thank you.
valashain
Posted 2016-03-12 2:40 PM (#12975 - in reply to #12974)

Uber User

controuble - 2016-03-12 8:40 PM

I've seen some short story collections in, so could you please add the latest Rachel Caine "Midnight Bites", publisher is NAL.
Thank you.

There ya go.
Ann Walker
Posted 2016-03-14 4:46 PM (#12988 - in reply to #12938)
Subject: RE: Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

Could you add the following:

"The Abyss Surrounds Us" by Emily Skrutskie, and "Oath Bound", by Melissa Scott and Jo Graham? I had previously requested "Oath Bound" when it was only available as an e-book, and you suggested I repeat the request when it was available in a print edition, which it now is. Thanks much.
gallyangel
Posted 2016-03-15 2:40 AM (#12995 - in reply to #12988)
Subject: RE: Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

Uber User

Ann Walker - 2016-03-14 2:46 PM

"The Abyss Surrounds Us" by Emily Skrutskie, and "Oath Bound", by Melissa Scott and Jo Graham? Thanks much.

These are in.
jontlaw
Posted 2016-03-16 8:15 PM (#13002 - in reply to #12938)

Veteran

Here we go -

George MacDonald - At the Back of the North Wind, The Princess and the Goblin, The Princess and Curdie
A. Merritt - the Black Wheel
H. Warner Munn - King of the World's Edge
Arthur Byron Cover - An East Wind Coming (I know it seems a touch iffy, but there's plenty of SF facets to the plot)
Jules Verne - Yesterday and Tomorrow, The Demon of Cawnpore, For the Flag, Into the Niger Bend, The City in the Sahara, The Village in the Treetops

Robert Lynn Asprin and Lynn Abbey's Thieves' World series of anthologies (I think there are 12)

And left over from a prior post - the rest of the John Grimes series by A. Bertram Chandler (I know that one is kinda long, I think 22 novels and several omnibus editions)

If anyone lives in the Houston area, the various (8, I think) Half Price Books outlets have been flooded lately with vintage SF and fantasy paperbacks, dating back into the early 60's, even some old Ace Doubles!
daxxh
Posted 2016-03-17 12:15 AM (#13003 - in reply to #13002)

Extreme Veteran

@jontlaw - Thanks for the tip - I will be visiting in a week or so. I used to live there, so I think I know where most of the Half Price Book Stores are.
gallyangel
Posted 2016-03-18 3:45 AM (#13008 - in reply to #13002)

Uber User

jontlaw - 2016-03-16 6:15 PM

If anyone lives in the Houston area, the various (8, I think) Half Price Books outlets have been flooded lately with vintage SF and fantasy paperbacks, dating back into the early 60's, even some old Ace Doubles!

I did my master's work at U of H - Clear Lake.
My best memories from then are prowling the used book stores and the food.
I shouldn't of bothered. Waste of money.

daxxh
Posted 2016-03-18 12:12 PM (#13010 - in reply to #13008)

Extreme Veteran

@galleyangel - the used book stores and the food, especially BBQ. Haven't found a good BBQ place in WA. At least today is sunny and kind of warm.
jontlaw
Posted 2016-03-18 11:26 PM (#13015 - in reply to #13010)

Veteran

H. Warner Munn - Merlin's Godson
Mike Resnick - Tales of the Galactic Midway series
Dion Fortune - the Sea Priestess
illegible_scribble
Posted 2016-03-19 2:48 AM (#13019 - in reply to #13015)

Uber User

jontlaw - 2016-03-19 4:26 PM
H. Warner Munn - Merlin's Godson
Mike Resnick - Tales of the Galactic Midway series
Dion Fortune - the Sea Priestess

Merlin's Godson is an omnibus of King of the World's Edge and The Ship from Atlantis; all three books are now in. (The third book in the series, Merlin's Ring, was already in the database because it had been nominated for the Mythopoeic and World Fantasy Award.)

The four books in the Tales of the Galactic Midway series are now in.

The Sea Priestess and its sequel, Moon Magic, are now in.

JessLibrarian
Posted 2016-03-20 4:02 PM (#13033 - in reply to #12938)

Could you add Immortals by Jordanna Max Brodsky (urban fantasy)

And if possible the Charm of Magpies series by K. J. Charles from Samhain Publishing (lgbt fantasy/mystery/romance)
1) Magpie Lord
2) A Case of Possession
3) Flight of Magpies

Thanks for your time!
Jess
Weesam
Posted 2016-03-22 1:45 AM (#13048 - in reply to #13033)

Uber User

Can someone add Dispossession by Chaz Brenchley

Also his Outremer series (3 books in the UK version, 6 in the US)

Thanks
brightbetween
Posted 2016-03-25 9:12 PM (#13072 - in reply to #12938)

Can The Weather by Caighlan Smith be added please? It's a new short story on tor.com

Thanks!
Beardie
Posted 2016-03-26 1:14 AM (#13073 - in reply to #12938)

Can you add The 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey? So far it's The 5th Wave and The Infinite Sea, I mainly want the second one added so I can count it for the "Read the Sequel" challenge.
jontlaw
Posted 2016-03-26 1:54 PM (#13078 - in reply to #13002)

Veteran

jontlaw - 2016-03-16 8:15 PM

George MacDonald - At the Back of the North Wind, The Princess and the Goblin, The Princess and Curdie
A. Merritt - the Black Wheel

Arthur Byron Cover - An East Wind Coming (I know it seems a touch iffy, but there's plenty of SF facets to the plot)
Jules Verne - Yesterday and Tomorrow, The Demon of Cawnpore, For the Flag, Into the Niger Bend, The City in the Sahara, The Village in the Treetops

Robert Lynn Asprin and Lynn Abbey's Thieves' World series of anthologies (I think there are 12)

And left over from a prior post - the rest of the John Grimes series by A. Bertram Chandler (I know that one is kinda long, I think 22 novels and several omnibus editions)
DrGreybeard
Posted 2016-03-27 9:17 AM (#13084 - in reply to #12938)

Hello,

I'd like to request adding a new-ish British Fantasy series, The Long War, by a new author, A.J. Smith:

The Black Guard
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20826771-the-black-guard

The Dark Blood
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18715830-the-dark-blood

The Red Prince
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22845294-the-red-prince

The World Raven
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29440242-the-world-raven

Cheers & Thanks

JessLibrarian
Posted 2016-03-27 11:02 PM (#13091 - in reply to #12938)

Can you add Curio by Evangeline Denmark (Dystopia/Steampunk)?
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)