open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: To be a Human being of any kind is a hard enough lot, and unpleasant and disreputable in the best of circumstances. - Mark Twain (Autobiography of Mark Twain Vol. 2)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Read the Sequel 2017 Challenge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

daxxh
Posted 2017-01-01 8:54 PM (#14863)
Subject: Read the Sequel 2017 Challenge
Quote Reply

Extreme Veteran

Here is the forum thread for the Read the Sequel 2017 Challenge. You can read 4, 8, 12 or 16 books. You can read books 2-17 one series, the second book in a bunch of different series or any sequel. Rereads are ok. Enjoy!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sable Aradia
Posted 2017-02-19 9:51 AM (#15317 - in reply to #14863)
Subject: Re: Read the Sequel 2017 Challenge
Quote Reply

Veteran

Working my way through the Honor Harrington series in chronological order. I'll also be reading some Sterling, some Cherryh, some Dickson and an Anne McCaffrey. I will also be making an attempt to read the second book in a series without reading the first: Rock Rats by Ben Bova, because I'm interested in the subject and the first book has been a b*tch to track down.
daxxh
Posted 2017-03-29 2:54 PM (#15506 - in reply to #14863)
Quote Reply

Extreme Veteran

Congrats to Controuble - first to finish!
devilinlaw
Posted 2017-04-03 1:05 PM (#15538 - in reply to #14863)
Quote Reply

Veteran

i'm trying to read sequels to different series that i've started or have meant to read for some time now. The one's i've checked off my list so far are:

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, book two of A Song of Ice & Fire - i have only watched the first season of HBO's Game of Thrones so everything in this book was new to me. i can't wait to finish this book series.

Barrayar by Lois McMaster Bujold, the second Cordelia Vorkosigan novel - The whole Vorkosigan saga is quickly becoming one of my newfound favorites series & my plan is to read through it in it's entirety this year.

The Scar by China Mieville, book two of the New Crobuzon/Bas Lag trilogy - i really, really enjoyed Perdido Street Station, book one of this series. The world it created was very intriguing & i was very much looking forward to this read. Alas, i felt let me down but i think that is because i was expecting something different that what i got. i plan on rereading it in the future to see if my opinion changes.

Star Wars: Red Harvest by Joe Schreiber, the second book in the Death Troopers series - Star Wars: Death Troopers is a "Legends" novel that pits Han Solo & Chewbacca against zombies (no kidding). Red Harvest is set thousands of years previous in the Old Republic & tells the story of the Sith Lord that created the zombie virus. Thin character & story in this one.

ODY-C Vol. 2: Sons of the Wolf written by Matt Fraction, art by Christian Ward, the second story arc of the ODY-C comic book series - The ODY-C series has been called a masterfully psychedelic, gender-bending, space-operatic retelling of Homers Odyssey. This arc tells the tale of Ene the Conqueror & He of Troiia & what happens to them after the end of the Troiian War.
Sable Aradia
Posted 2017-04-03 8:59 PM (#15551 - in reply to #14863)
Quote Reply

Veteran

I am a huge fan of the Vorkosigan Saga! And sure, why not zombies in Star Wars? The Dark Side can be infused into viruses and it can do all kinds of things! Didn't anybody else play SWTOR? I don't know why they never seem to have the Light Side do anything cool with viruses though. Like maybe a cure for cancer. But then again, maybe that's what midichlorians were supposed to be about. (Don't shoot me please).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)