open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Earth is the cradle of the mind-but you cannot live in the cradle forever. - Tsiolkovsky
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Just released "Formulacrum" the second book in my series
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

Rich Colburn
Posted 2017-06-29 10:10 AM (#15947)
Subject: Just released "Formulacrum" the second book in my series

New User

I had high hopes that my first book would inspire people to think deeply about philosophical, mathematical, and spiritual issues. My readers are starting to catch on. I've now had several great discussions with people who read or are reading my first book "The Resolve of Immortal Flesh."

My nephew comes from a troubled family situation. He recently attempted suicide. His mom tells me instead of a second attempt he sat quietly and read my first book for about the twentieth time. This is exactly what I was hoping for! People are finding comfort, asking deeper questions and thinking more deeply about the nature of life, the universe, and everything because of the work I put into writing.

The second book in the series "Formulacrum" is not for the timid. As I was writing the last couple of chapters I lost several nights of sleep. I knew I was leading up to something creepy but I had no idea how it would affect me. My characters often surprise me. In this case the creature that spawned from the experiments of a misguided mathematician seemed to have a life of its own beyond what I had anticipated.

As a simulation engineer, I do a lot of heavy math and computer programming. Part of what makes the story so creepy for me is knowing that it is a plausible scenario. The nightmares the character experiences are nightmares I had when I was experimenting with a new approach to genetic algorithms. I converted the output from one of my experiments to a wave file and it sounded like a creepy growl with a heartbeat in the background. This was part of my inspiration.

The book is still new so I'm currently the only person who knows how it ends (aside from my editor). There are several people reading it but none have finished it yet. I'm a bit anxious to see if my readers enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

These books are turning out to be powerful tools for those who are interested in improving their knowledge, satisfying their thirst for deep discussion but also they're just flat out entertaining.

If someone would like a free kindle version in exchange for some opinions please contact me. I'm happy to share. As much work as I put into these books I hope they can make a positive impact.

Email me for a free ebook for either of the books in the series or both. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1?ie=UTF8&text=Rich...

Rich Colburn
the3dadvantage@gmail.com

Peace Love and Robot Rainbow Kittens!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)