open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: In the case of romances what I found distressing was not so much that they are read only by women, but that these are the books containing the sentences that most rapidy make me want to vomit. - Nomi Szcsi (The Finno-Ugrian Vampire)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

WWE Blog - Option to Use Book Reviews
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

Sable Aradia
Posted 2019-07-08 1:15 PM (#21130)
Subject: WWE Blog - Option to Use Book Reviews

Veteran

Hey there, I have a question about the blog. You have a function that allows us to check a box that says "please consider my review for the Worlds Without End blog," and you've had it for a little while now, but as yet, I have not seen a single review posted in the blog. I'm just wondering, do you intend to use the function and post reviews at some point? Should we reserve clicking the box for the stuff we think is our best? I just wrote one for Fire & Blood recently that might interest you; it's the first one for the book on the site. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2019-07-08 11:05 PM (#21133 - in reply to #21130)
Subject: RE: WWE Blog - Option to Use Book Reviews

Admin

Sable Aradia - 2019-07-08 1:15 PM Hey there, I have a question about the blog. You have a function that allows us to check a box that says "please consider my review for the Worlds Without End blog," and you've had it for a little while now, but as yet, I have not seen a single review posted in the blog. I'm just wondering, do you intend to use the function and post reviews at some point? Should we reserve clicking the box for the stuff we think is our best? I just wrote one for Fire & Blood recently that might interest you; it's the first one for the book on the site. Thanks!

Egads! That's visible to everyone? That is a concept we were playing around with some time back but it never got off the ground because reasons. I'm sure you can think of plenty if you try

In all honesty, I thought we had wrapped that with code so it would only show for Admin and Ubers. We will re-visit it later and see if it has any legs after the 3.0 site gets done. The main issue is time really and I'll add that since it's been out there for years -- and nobody has asked about it until now -- it seems participation may be an issue too We have big plans for the blog once the site gets settled but for now I'll put it back on the "ideas whose time has not come" shelf.

Sable Aradia
Posted 2019-07-11 3:44 PM (#21148 - in reply to #21133)

Veteran

Fair enough! Well, if you ever want to use one of my reviews, just let me know. I also post them at my blog and at Goodreads. I've been catching up on reviewing the books I've read recently and that's why it's on my mind. Thanks!
Administrator
Posted 2019-07-11 10:17 PM (#21149 - in reply to #21148)

Admin

Sable Aradia - 2019-07-11 3:44 PM Fair enough! Well, if you ever want to use one of my reviews, just let me know. I also post them at my blog and at Goodreads. I've been catching up on reviewing the books I've read recently and that's why it's on my mind. Thanks!

I will keep that in mind. With all the stuff we have to do the blog is usually the first thing to suffer. I just don't have time to put into it at the moment.

The plan is to find a willing Uber to take over the review effort on the blog. They'll be responsible for reviewing and picking suitable reviews for the blog, contacting the writer, posting them, and following up on any comments etc. At least one a week to start and hopefully more as time goes on. That's all after the 3.0 launch.

Thanks for your interest!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)