open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: And you and I have good enough minds to know how very limited and finite they really are. The naked intellect is an extraordinarily inaccurate instrument. - Madeleine L'Engle (A Wind in the Door)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Wont open with blackberry
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

daelectric
Posted 2010-10-27 10:40 AM (#2194)
Subject: Wont open with blackberry

The site wont open at all on my blackberry. This would be extremly usefull to access at the bookstore so that I dont buy the same book again or want to know what book to get next etc.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2010-10-27 10:59 AM (#2196 - in reply to #2194)
Subject: RE: Wont open with blackberry

Admin

daelectric - 2010-10-27 10:40 AM The site wont open at all on my blackberry. This would be extremly usefull to access at the bookstore so that I dont buy the same book again or want to know what book to get next etc.....

Hmmm.  I've never tried the site on a Blackberry.  Unfortunately I don't have one to test with.  Are you getting any kind of error message or indication of what the problem is?

That's really unfortunate and I'll dow what I can to fix it.  I use the site on my iPhone all the time when I'm at the bookstore.

daelectric
Posted 2010-10-27 11:09 AM (#2198 - in reply to #2194)
Subject: Re: Wont open with blackberry

Well of course I go to recreate the issue and it doesnt happen.
Then I log in and get "A problem occurred while trying to render the page"
Most likely one of the ads is causing the problem.
Administrator
Posted 2010-10-27 11:21 AM (#2200 - in reply to #2198)

Admin

daelectric - 2010-10-27 11:09 AM Well of course I go to recreate the issue and it doesnt happen. Then I log in and get "A problem occurred while trying to render the page" Most likely one of the ads is causing the problem.

I'll take a stab at removing the amazon links at the bottom fo the site, maybe that will help.  They have been causing some drag and I've been wanting to try something different with that space.

By the way, I can chat live most days, when work is slow enough, if you want to hit me up.  http://www.worldswithoutend.com/about_contact.asp

htaccess
Posted 2010-10-28 12:21 AM (#2203 - in reply to #2194)

Veteran

blackberrys are a nightmare to develop for as they use some crappy ie6 derivative, luckily though RIM have seen the light and switched to WebKit but theres not many/any in the wild yet.
daelectric
Posted 2010-10-28 8:40 AM (#2204 - in reply to #2194)

Well I am not using the blackberry because I want to. Its what work gave me. Would love to find an Android Pad type of device that could actually be a phone as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)