open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Take it from somebody who has been around for a million years: When you get right down to it, food is practically the whole story every time. -- Kurt Vonnegut (Galapagos)
- (Added by: Scott Laz)

The Return of the Time Machine
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

gallyangel
Posted 2011-05-03 3:59 AM (#2384)
Subject: The Return of the Time Machine

Uber User

I'm sure we all know Baxter's The Time Ships, but I was wondering if anyone knew Egon Friedell's The Return of the Time Machine which I think was published in 1946.

They're quite the quantum leapt apart from each other.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-05-03 7:58 AM (#2387 - in reply to #2384)
Subject: RE: The Return of the Time Machine

Admin

I found this review online and it does not seem to have gone over very well - at least with this reviewer.  It was originally in German so maybe something got lost in translation.  I do like the cover art for it.  You have to have a lot of confidence to write a sequel to The Time Machine!
gallyangel
Posted 2011-05-03 1:15 PM (#2388 - in reply to #2384)
Subject: Re: The Return of the Time Machine

Uber User

So there are five different sequels, huh? I'm kind of surprised there are that many and yet, I'm not surprised at all. What doesn't surprise me is that four of the five have all fallen into obscurity. It must take a real love for the original to even attempt a sequel. I would think the confidence part comes in big time when actually trying and succeeding in getting a sequel published. I guess we know which of the five was written by the best author.
Administrator
Posted 2011-05-11 9:22 AM (#2389 - in reply to #2388)
Subject: Re: The Return of the Time Machine

Admin

gallyangel - 2011-05-03 1:15 PM So there are five different sequels, huh?

I had no idea there were so many sequels!  I just added these to the database last night:

Morlock Night is one of those sequels from 1987 and Infernal Devices, also concerning time travel, by K.W. Jeter are coming out in sweet re-print editions from Angry Robot later this year. Love the cover art!  Anybody read either of these and are they any good?  I'll likely buy them for the cover art alone in any case.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)