open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "HISTORY--Papa Hegel he say that all we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history. I know people who can't even learn from what happened this morning. Hegel must have been taking the long view." John Brunner, Stand on Zanzibar
- (Added by: Rhondak101)

Seiun Award
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

htaccess
Posted 2011-06-25 7:51 PM (#2473)
Subject: Seiun Award

Veteran

"The Seiun Award (星雲賞, Seiunshō?) is a Japanese science fiction award for the best science fiction published in Japan during the preceding year, as voted by attendees of the Japan Science Fiction Convention"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiun_Award#Best_Foreign_Language_Nove...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-06-26 11:10 PM (#2476 - in reply to #2473)
Subject: RE: Seiun Award

Admin

htaccess - 2011-06-25 7:51 PM"The Seiun Award (星雲賞, Seiunshō?) is a Japanese science fiction award for the best science fiction published in Japan during the preceding year, as voted by attendees of the Japan Science Fiction Convention"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiun_Award#Best_Foreign_Language_Novel_of_the_Year

That's an interesting award.  So those books, originally in English, get translated into Japanese and then get nominated for Best Foreign Language Novel of the Year?  Pretty cool.  Most of those books are many years older than their original publication dates.  Surprising how long it takes to get a book translated.  I suppose it's the same over here for books traveling the other way.

What I'd like is to get my hands on some of the Japanese winners in translation - but not 10 years after the award.  I've always wondered what they're reading over there right now and how it compares to the stuff that's getting all the attention over here.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)