open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'" - Isaac Asimov
- (Added by: whargoul)

Double Star
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

Darling
Posted 2011-10-14 11:02 AM (#2719)
Subject: Double Star

I recently was in contact with the Library of America. They have published works by Lovecraft, Vonnegut, Dick and a few other SF authors. I suggested a number of titles by RAH.

Their response was that they have no immediate plans for an exclusive Heinlein project, however, exciting news, they are including Double Star in a SF anthology of novels to be released in Fall of 2012.

I thought it was great. A Hugo winner brings RAH the attention he deserves in the literary classics mainstream. I have one Library of America's anthology of Crime Novels (including The Postman Always Rings Twice and They Shoot Horses, Don't They?). LOA does a great job of presenting excellent works in archival quality classics format ... something like Everyman's Library, but focused on American writers.

Anyway, I thought somebody might be interested.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nate1234
Posted 2011-10-15 10:10 PM (#2722 - in reply to #2719)
Subject: Re: Double Star

was double star the first work to use the moon over parador/dave story?
Darling
Posted 2011-10-17 1:05 PM (#2723 - in reply to #2722)
Subject: Re: Double Star

I don't know about other literature, but Heinlein himself briefly used the device in Star Beast a couple years earlier (Gifford, James. Robert A. Heinlein: A Reader's Companion, 180). If this isn't the first full-blown treatment of the trope though, I have no idea where it came from. I made that connection too, when I saw the movies. If they are homages (I'll put it kindly) to Heinlein, though, it would be great for the connection to get further notice.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)