open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's a dangerous business going out your front door." - J.R.R. Tolkien
- (Added by: Administrator)

I Need Help...
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

dannybantan
Posted 2012-02-19 10:25 AM (#3051)
Subject: I Need Help...

New User

Hi

Many years ago when I was about 15/16 I borrowed a book from my local library, it was science fiction and must have been over 2000 pages long, I cannot remember either the name or author. I never got a chance to finish this book and from time to time the book slips back into my memory and I try to find it again, unfortunately to no avail, this is one of those such occasions.

I now admit defeat and have decided to tap the knowlege of the sci-fi community on the internet so here is what I can remember of the novel, hopefully someone will recognise it and be able to tell me the title and who wrote it! I wholeheartidly apologize if it turns out this a seminal novel written by a legend of the sci-fi genre.

So the story begins with some kind of ecological disaster looming and a group of scientists are I think tasked with breeding some children with some knid of hyper intelligence, some how they have been graced with the ability to use a lot more of their brains than normal humans, this all takes place on a remote island, one of the children doesnt seem to be like the rest, he has an interest in the arts and has emotion, I think the scientists deem the experiment to have been a faliure and maybe kill the children, but not before a virus is created that will unlock in every human the parts of the brain this children were able to use...

The one child who was different is spared, I have no recollection how but I think it was something to do with a female scientist, who is one of the protagonists of the book, sometime later this one child who is spared releases the virus and the human race progresses to a new evolutionary strain of human kind, I thought they were called mastersapiens but I cannot find any reference any where online for this, Gender is left behind and this new species are I think looking for some way to transend their current exsistance? The human race as we know it are alowed to continue by this new race and due to the technical advances made live a very long time....

This is about all I can remember so if anyone can help me out I would be eternally grateful.

Dan
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)