open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety." - Isaac Asimov - Foundation
- (Added by: Administrator)

Nightmare Magazine's Top 100 Horror Books
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2012-10-17 3:46 PM (#4265)
Subject: Nightmare Magazine's Top 100 Horror Books

Admin

Nightmare Magazine's Top 100 Horror Books

We just added a new list to the site as part of our Month of Horrors  When we decided to create a new horror list we talked about making it ourselves but we quickly realized we just didn't have enough experience with horror to pull it off so we had to look elsewhere for a good list.  We couldn't find one that we liked so we got in touch with the folks at Nightmare Magazine and talked them into helping us put one together.

Check out Nightmare Magazine's Top 100 Horror Books and let us know what you think.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
pauljames
Posted 2012-10-20 10:35 AM (#4275 - in reply to #4265)
Subject: Re: Nightmare Magazine's Top 100 Horror Books

Veteran

Great list and a good addition to the site. I think I have read about 20 of these. Must keep adding more books that I have read and start adding some reviews.

Was slightly surprised there are no James Herbert books on the list. I have read 15 of his books, I will need to suggest some that could be added to the site.
Deven Science
Posted 2012-12-29 10:42 PM (#4450 - in reply to #4265)
Subject: RE: Nightmare Magazine's Top 100 Horror Books

Uber User

I've read three of them! Seriously, I've never been a big horror fan.

Still, it's a good edition to the site for those who are fans, though I would say one bit of criticism. Because the books are in alphabetical order by author, I couldn't find the intended order; that is, least to greatest. Even following the links to their website didn't turn up the list in its original order.

Is there a way to see that?
Administrator
Posted 2012-12-29 11:38 PM (#4452 - in reply to #4450)
Subject: RE: Nightmare Magazine's Top 100 Horror Books

Admin

Hey Deven, the list is supposed to be in author alpha order.  No hierarchy was intended by the creators.  We wanted to have a new horror list for the site but since we don't know enough about the genre we went looking for some experts.  The Nightmare guys kindly obliged.  I don't think they have the list on their site but they posted a link to the list here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)