open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "As long as I'm dealing in honesty, I may as well admit that I have been more influenced (as a person) by my childhood readings of Tolkien and Lewis than I have been by any philosophers I read in college and grad school. The events and characters in Narnia and Middle Earth shaped my ideals, my dreams, my goals. Kant just annoyed me." - N.D. Wilson
- (Added by: Administrator)

Adding the Kitschies
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

Rhondak101
Posted 2014-03-31 2:38 PM (#6794)
Subject: Adding the Kitschies

Uber User

Dave and Everyone,

Recently, I'm been bumping up against the Kitschies quite a bit in my websurfing. While the name sounds like it celebrates bad SF, the list of winners and nominees of the Red Tenacle (Best Novel) and the Golden Tenacle (Debut Novel) are quite impressive: Beukes, Pynchon, Tidhar, Grossman, etc.  And...more importantly, the awards started in 2009 and to add them to WWE, you (we) would only have to add 9 new authors and 21 new books (including series books). Here's a link http://www.thekitschies.com/ and a spreadsheet is coming to Dave's mailbox. So think about adding them to the poll for the next addition. As Dave says, low hanging fruit.

Rhonda

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2014-03-31 6:58 PM (#6796 - in reply to #6794)
Subject: RE: Adding the Kitschies

Admin

Thanks, Rhonda, for the extra effort.  The Kitschies have a great rep going for them already and would make an excellent addition to the site.  Low hanging fruit indeed!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)