open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. - Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Heath Ledger, and The Joker
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

Deven Science
Posted 2008-01-28 10:08 AM (#1295)
Subject: Heath Ledger, and The Joker

Uber User

I'm now wondering what spell Ledger's death may cast over the Dark Knight movie. I'll explain.

When The Crow came out in '94, I was just out of my teens, and the thought of this movie about a guy coming back from the dead to avenge his past, a guy who died in real life while filming it, was almost romantic. I thought it almost cool, in my young mind.

Now I'm older and wiser, and it's more sad, than anything. So I'm wondering if the thought of his life having ended shortly after film completion will cast a negative tone for me with this film. I hope not. I hope I can set that aside, and enjoy the movie, but death is no longer cool to me. no longer romantic. It's just sad.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
icowrich
Posted 2008-02-06 10:31 PM (#1307 - in reply to #1295)
Subject: RE: Heath Ledger, and The Joker

Admin

Now it comes out his death was a result of ODing on perscription drugs (apparently and accidental OD).

Very Elvis.
Administrator
Posted 2008-02-06 11:02 PM (#1309 - in reply to #1295)
Subject: Re: Heath Ledger, and The Joker

Admin

i've been looking forward to this one since the last one came out. a nice revival for the character/franchise. the other batman movies were just kind of silly. stylish. but silly. and they got worse with each passing movie.

i liked the stuff i saw heath ledger in but i was wondering how he was going to pull off the joker. from the previews and that "bootleg" clip i've seen online it looks like he really made it his own. his passing makes me a little sad, especially as it seems it was accidental rather than self inflicted. he was quite talented and i'm sure whould have gone on to bigger and better things.

i'll be seeing the move tho it's certainly bitter-sweet. i just hope he really knocked it out of the park. i won't be seeing brokeback so this is the role i'll remember him for most likely.

- dave
Deven Science
Posted 2008-02-07 10:22 AM (#1310 - in reply to #1309)
Subject: Re: Heath Ledger, and The Joker

Uber User

Same here in my hope that he sells it like it's never been sold before. Interviews he gave last year indicate that this role and this character disturbed him, effecting his sleep, his sanity, etc., so I hope that what came out of that is a role that will be remembered as great.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)