open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Where men can't live gods fare no better." - Cormac McCarthy (The Road)
- (Added by: Emil)

the end is near
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

dthmw3
Posted 2008-02-17 3:50 PM (#1316)
Subject: the end is near

not only did they bring back Knight Rider they have Val Kilmer as the voice of kitt. If they bring back the A -- team I might have to switch to cooking shows.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2008-02-17 9:12 PM (#1317 - in reply to #1316)
Subject: Re: the end is near

Admin

let's see... war, famine, pestilence... the return of Knight Rider? yup. it all fits. we are nearing the end times surely when Firefly gets canceled but somehow we need another Knight Rider?! i don't get it.

it's not like the first show was brilliant. great, the car talks... with the annoying voice of the guy from St Elsewhere! ok, the roving red Cylon eye was pretty cool and as memory serves there were some pretty hot chicks on the show... but David Hasslehoff? i know, i know "Don't hassle the Hoff!" but pu-lease.

i guess tired old re-treads trump new and exciting concepts. it's why we'll never get truly great sci-fi on TV and why you may actually see a "New" A-Team somewhere down the line: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/ Woody Harrelson and Ice Cube? i smell a train wreck.

if you do wander over to cable for cooking shows i suggest Anthony Bordain's No Reservations. he's such an ass but it's a pretty good show. for gross-out factor see Bizarre Foods. the guy travels all over the world eating stuff you'd normally see on fear-factor. not for the weak...

- dave
Administrator
Posted 2008-02-17 9:15 PM (#1318 - in reply to #1316)
Subject: Re: the end is near

Admin

apparently there are more than 1 A-Team concepts going at the same time:

http://www.cinema.com/news/item/2979/a-team-movie-line-up.phtml

lot's of star power in this one but what the hell?

- dave
dthmw3
Posted 2008-02-18 4:12 PM (#1320 - in reply to #1316)
Subject: RE: the end is near

The movie actually doesn't look that bad. But it's about time they come up with something for a new sci-fi TV show. Journey Man was actually too bad but I refuse to watch Flash Gordon. Any others?

Rachael Ray owns the cooking channel!
Deven Science
Posted 2008-02-20 5:12 PM (#1321 - in reply to #1320)
Subject: RE: the end is near

Uber User

Best new show this year was Pushing Daisies. I'm thankful that it's been approved for a second season.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)