open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent." - George Orwell
- (Added by: Administrator)

Terminator Series
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

jynnantonnyx
Posted 2009-02-10 8:18 AM (#1575)
Subject: Terminator Series

Uber User

This post is only about the upcoming film Terminator: Salvation, but I thought the series as a whole deserved a thread.

There are a few reports from Comic Con about McG's panel on the newest film in the franchise, including some funny bits about Christian Bale's much-reported meltdown on the set. It seems that the film will in fact acknowledge Terminator 3 as a canonical part of its story, though of course not the television series The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The script had a rewrite by Dark Knight scribe Jonathan Nolan, so I am cautiously optimistic that the film might not be as bad as the trailer would imply.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2009-02-10 9:10 PM (#1576 - in reply to #1575)
Subject: Re: Terminator Series

Admin

I've been pretty underwhelmed with this movie for some time now. Not sure what it is, but i just don't have much enthusiasm for this one. Which is really odd as I love the first two films and I'm even a midling fan of the TV series. Maybe it's because of the lack-luster 3rd installment, which I can't really remember at all, or it could be because there's no Ahhnuld in this one. I agree that the trailer does not look all that good, so maybe that's it.

I read the Comic Con report, and it's got me feeling a little more optimistic though not exactly eager. I'm often times guilty of sabotaging my expectations for SF movies so that when I go see them, which I always do despite what i say to the contrary cause I'm an SF sheep, I won't be let down by high expectations. If i think it's going to be crap and it turns out to be er... not crap, then I can enjoy the movie. That could be the case here.

It's a defense mechanism that I've built up over the years of crap SF movies. The last SF movie I dared hope great things for was Sunshine. Talk about negative re-enforcement! My current state of mind for Terminator is decidedly "meh" but, on the plus side, I expect some great explosions!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)