open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "If there is one thing worse than the modern weakening of major morals it is the modern strengthening of minor morals." - Poul Anderson (The Boat of a Million Years)
- (Added by: Administrator)

Campbell Award
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

dabeef111
Posted 2010-06-22 11:02 PM (#2125)
Subject: Campbell Award

Im very excited to see the Campbell nominees up and I want to read every one of the twelve books nominated. What is really interesting is that seven of the authors nominated have won the award. Who do you want to win the award and who do you think will win?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2010-06-23 9:20 PM (#2126 - in reply to #2125)
Subject: RE: Campbell Award

Admin

dabeef111 - 2010-06-22 11:02 PM Im very excited to see the Campbell nominees up and I want to read every one of the twelve books nominated. What is really interesting is that seven of the authors nominated have won the award. Who do you want to win the award and who do you think will win?

There are some great books in that list for sure.  All big names too including, as I've seen posted elsewhere, 4 Canadian authors.  No surprise so many have won the award before.  I've only read Gardens of the Sun so far but there are a few more on my reading list already like The City & the City, Wake and The Windup Girl .

As far as what's going to win I've no earthly idea but if I was to guess I'd say The City or Windup based on what I've heard about them both.  Haven't read enough to pick a favorite.  Gardens is really good but I don't think it's made as big a splash as the others on the list.

Where are you going to start?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)