open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: It is over life, throughout its unfolding, that power establishes its dominion; death is power's limit, the moment that escapes it; death becomes the most secret aspect of existence, the most private. - Michel Foucault
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Way to Suggest Authors?
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

MT in Austin
Posted 2010-07-02 12:21 PM (#2129)
Subject: Way to Suggest Authors?

Is there or can there be a way to submit authors not already in WoWoEnds?

I've tried a couple authors I was introduced to here. I wanted to suggest an author I have found really good.

I am on the second Starship book (Starship - Pirate) by Mike Resnick and find his writing and characters very good.
Just wanted to make a suggestion to anyone with the "What the heck should I read next?" problem.

Apologies if this is an old topic...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2010-07-03 12:58 PM (#2130 - in reply to #2129)
Subject: RE: Way to Suggest Authors?

Admin

MT in Austin - 2010-07-02 12:21 PM Is there or can there be a way to submit authors not already in WoWoEnds? I've tried a couple authors I was introduced to here. I wanted to suggest an author I have found really good. I am on the second Starship book (Starship - Pirate) by Mike Resnick and find his writing and characters very good. Just wanted to make a suggestion to anyone with the "What the heck should I read next?" problem. Apologies if this is an old topic...

Hey MT,

Mike Resnick was already in our database with his Nebula and Clarke nominated novel Ivory.  To that I've just added the Starship series that you recommended:

1. Starship: Mutiny
  2. Starship: Pirate
  3. Starship: Mercenary
  4. Starship: Rebel
  5. Starship: Flagship 

To answer you main questions about adding authors:

Typically an author makes it into WWEnd by either being nominated for an award (which includes long lists) or because they are included in a "best of" list that we cover like The ISFDB Top 100 Books.  We will, from time to time, add authors that are recommended to us or because we feel they are going to nominated eventually or just because I like the cover art or I think you guys might like a book or something.

Also, any books sent to us by a publisher will automatically be added.  It's the least we can do.  Lately I've been adding in a bunch of Pyr books like Starship because, hey, they've been sending us lots of freebies.

Mostly it comes down to reason and time.  If I've got a reason, like the fact that Pyr rocks or I get a request etc, and  I have time to do it before I forget, I'll add them in.

MT in Austin
Posted 2010-07-03 11:47 PM (#2132 - in reply to #2130)
Subject: Re: Way to Suggest Authors?

You're in luck! The Starship Series is published by Pyr AND has cool cover art.

Just finished Pirate last night and started Mercenary today. Great series so far.

Edited by MT in Austin 2010-07-03 11:48 PM
Administrator
Posted 2010-07-05 12:36 AM (#2133 - in reply to #2132)

Admin

MT in Austin - 2010-07-03 11:47 PM You're in luck! The Starship Series is published by Pyr AND has cool cover art. Just finished Pirate last night and started Mercenary today. Great series so far.

I read the first chapter of Mutiny and I really like it.  Looks like a fun series to read.  I've added it to my reading list.  Thanks for the tip.

MT in Austin
Posted 2010-07-05 3:46 PM (#2134 - in reply to #2133)

Finished Mercenary this morning, just couldn't put it down. Great book. Can't wait to start Rebel.
Administrator
Posted 2010-07-10 5:56 PM (#2141 - in reply to #2134)

Admin

MT in Austin - 2010-07-05 3:46 PM Finished Mercenary this morning, just couldn't put it down. Great book. Can't wait to start Rebel.

Dude, you are killing the Starship series!  Looks like you're on book 5 already!

I read the first chapter of Mutiny here then went over to Pyr's site and read 2 more chapters.  I'm trying to find it locally so I can buy it.  No luck so far.  May have to break down and order it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)