open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: It was quite dark when he went by the towers of Tor, where archers shoot ivory arrows at strangers lest any foreigner should alter their laws, which are bad, but not to be altered by mere aliens. - Lord Dunsany (Distressing Tale of Thangobrind the Jeweller)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

New Additions
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

dabeef111
Posted 2010-08-22 11:50 PM (#2162)
Subject: New Additions

I see that you have added the feature of 'recent additions' at the bottom of the site. I would really love to see a page dedicated to this so I can see all recent additions in the past (weeks, months, years?) in order to keep adding to my reading list.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2010-09-28 1:05 PM (#2170 - in reply to #2162)
Subject: RE: New Additions

Admin

dabeef111 - 2010-08-22 11:50 PM I see that you have added the feature of 'recent additions' at the bottom of the site. I would really love to see a page dedicated to this so I can see all recent additions in the past (weeks, months, years?) in order to keep adding to my reading list.

Hey dabeef111,

Sorry, I missed this post completely!  Hoping that "better late than never" holds true...

A full page "Recent Additions" list is right at the top of my todo list.  As a user of the site I want to see more than just the latest 10 and as the Administrator I want you guys to see that we're still chugging along adding more books all the time.  I'd like to show the latest 50 in a cover art display like the other lists because I tend to put in entire series these days.  Much easier on the data entry side and all the covers together look pretty cool.

Unfortunately I don't have a coder anymore so many of the changes/improvements that I want to initiate are on hold until I can find sombody to take up the coding again.  I'm working on it but I don't know how long it will take.  Sorry I can't be more responsive.  It's a great idea.

htaccess
Posted 2010-10-06 12:26 AM (#2175 - in reply to #2170)
Subject: Re: New Additions

Veteran

I would be interested in volunteering but I'm pretty sure your on an ASP/IIS/SQLServer/Windows stack. I'm firmly on the LAMP side of the fence (although that could easily be LinuxNgnixPostgresPerl).

Edited by htaccess 2010-10-06 12:30 AM
Administrator
Posted 2010-10-06 8:16 AM (#2178 - in reply to #2175)

Admin

htaccess - 2010-10-06 12:26 AM I would be interested in volunteering but I'm pretty sure your on an ASP/IIS/SQLServer/Windows stack. I'm firmly on the LAMP side of the fence (although that could easily be LinuxNgnixPostgresPerl).

htaccess, I appreciate the thought.  I'll get something worked out eventually.

Administrator
Posted 2011-02-13 9:12 PM (#2337 - in reply to #2162)
Subject: RE: New Additions

Admin

dabeef111 - 2010-08-22 11:50 PM I see that you have added the feature of 'recent additions' at the bottom of the site. I would really love to see a page dedicated to this so I can see all recent additions in the past (weeks, months, years?) in order to keep adding to my reading list.

@dabeef111:  We've just added a "More >>" link to the footer lists for new authors, books and reviews.  That will pop up a list of the last 100 of each.  It's not quite the solution we wanted to put in place but it's better than nothing.  We'll expand it out into a cover pic list or something later but that will get you what you all the newest stuff for the past couple weeks.  Sorry this took so long!

Administrator
Posted 2011-05-28 12:50 PM (#2413 - in reply to #2162)

Admin

Recent Additions has been moved to the home page now where hopefully it will get more attention.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)