open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" - Henry Ward Beecher
- (Added by: Administrator)

Halo Universe
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

hihik
Posted 2011-01-26 3:44 PM (#2314)
Subject: Halo Universe

Regular

I haven't played the game only watched the Halo Legends animation series. But I'm a big fan of the franchise. I just think it's beautifully done.

Here's some amazing concept art from the Halo universe - http://www.isaachannaford.com

X-box 360 is on my list of purchases specifically for rocking Halo:Reach.

just wanted to share my excitement ..

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-01-27 12:01 AM (#2316 - in reply to #2314)
Subject: RE: Halo Universe

Admin

I've not played the game either but I've always enjoyed the look of the franchise.  There is lots of Halo inspired art out there.

My interest has been piqued recently by Halo: Cryptum: Book One of the Forerunner Saga by Greg Bear. Sounds like a fun read and you can always count on Mr. Bear.

Deven Science
Posted 2011-01-27 12:41 AM (#2317 - in reply to #2314)
Subject: RE: Halo Universe

Uber User

I'm not very familiar with the games, or any media that has bee nborn from that francise. I do, however, appreciate that the main character is a Master Chief. That alone almost makes me want to look into it.
Emil
Posted 2011-01-28 1:11 AM (#2318 - in reply to #2317)
Subject: Re: Halo Universe

Uber User

I just don't know where to begin! Is Bear's novel standalone, or do I have to read some of the rest in the Halo Universe. The mind boggles!
Wintermute
Posted 2011-03-10 7:30 AM (#2349 - in reply to #2314)
Subject: Re: Halo Universe

I am an expert on Halo because it was a big part of my young life. The game is kick-ass. I didn't own a television nor a video game system but got both just to play Halo. Wow. It blew me away. And it was so cool that at one point it scared me! Not the action of the game, but the storyline! The games got better graphically though I have a quibble with the storyline (I did not like the introduction of the Arbiter). Anyway, where to begin? The games themselves or the books? And which books and which games because their published order is not the chronological order. Phew... tough call. My best advice is to go to this website (page 2 talks about the books): http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/01/20/the-abbre... ||| "The first Halo novel, Halo: The Fall of Reach, details how the Spartan-IIs came to be and what happened to the Spartans when Reach was attacked. Another novel, called Halo: The Flood, retells the story of the first game. A third novel, Halo: First Strike, details events that transpire between the Halo 1 and 2, and deals with some other Spartan-IIs that survived Reach. A fourth novel, Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, introduces the Spartan-IIIs, the next generation of super-soldiers. The next two novels, Halo: Contact Harvest and Halo: The Cole Protocol, are both prequel stories dealing with the early years of the Human-Covenant War. Theres also a book of short stories that recently released entitled Halo: Evolutions." ||| p.s. My icon is from Halo. ||| I would start with the prequels and work chronologically through the story. That way you get a better sense of the who/what/when/where/why when you get to the meat of the story with Master Chief.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)