open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. - Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Ender's Game movie???
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

daelectric
Posted 2011-02-01 9:55 AM (#2323)
Subject: Ender's Game movie???

http://screenrant.com/enders-game-movie-alex-kurtzman-roberto-orci-sandy-98748/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ScreenRant+(Screen+Rant+-+TV+and+Movie+News)&utm_content=Google+Reader
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-02-01 7:00 PM (#2324 - in reply to #2323)
Subject: RE: Ender's Game movie???

Admin

Man, I love the idea of an Ender movie but I don't have much hope that it will ever get made.  There has been much talk about it over the years but nothing ever comes of it.  It's like Ghost Busters 3 or Rendezvous with Rama.  We all want to see it but it's probably too good to be true.

Of course there is always the fear that they'll just turn it into an action flick with no soul like I, Robot that tempers my expectations too.  Hard to get excited by this one but I'll be in line opening day if it ever comes to be.  It could be done right, right?

splunge52
Posted 2012-10-17 1:31 PM (#4263 - in reply to #2323)

imdb has a release date of 11/1/2013

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/

Asa Butterfeild as Ender
Harrison Ford as Col. Graff
Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham

Edited by splunge52 2012-10-17 1:34 PM
Administrator
Posted 2012-10-17 2:36 PM (#4264 - in reply to #4263)

Admin

I am officially excited that this is coming.  I wish we could see some stuff from the production to whet our appetites a bit.  The official blog has not been updated since June and they never gave us much to begin with.  http://endersgameblog.tumblr.com/  I like the cast at least.
Scott Laz
Posted 2012-10-17 4:11 PM (#4266 - in reply to #2323)
Subject: Re: Ender's Game movie???

Uber User

I don't know how old Butterfield is, but it seems that a film would have to compress the timeline of the novel, as it begins when Ender is 6 and reaches the climax when he is 11 (I think). I just reread Ender's Game, and it seems like it has good potential as a film, now that special effects have reached the point where the battle room sequences should be doable. It'll be interesting to see how the genocide issue is played. Ford and Kingsley seem like great choices for their parts, and hopefully their presence is a sign that it won't degenerate into a mindless action movie. Graff and Rackham (in the novel, at least) are not "action" characters. They portray the philosophical dilemmas involved in using Ender as a weapon...
jfrantz
Posted 2012-10-23 11:28 PM (#4286 - in reply to #4266)
Subject: Re: Ender's Game movie???

Agreed Scott. The casting of Kingsley alone certainly lends an aura of consequence to the production.

And don't forget, Cloud Atlas is coming soon too. Very soon!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)