open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Conformity and rebellion...both ways are simple-minded--they are only for people who cannot cope with contradiction and ambiguity." - Neal Stephenson - The Diamond Age
- (Added by: Administrator)

Good Quote for Random Quotes
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

Wintermute
Posted 2011-06-05 2:25 PM (#2438)
Subject: Good Quote for Random Quotes

I am reading The Windup Girl right now (excellent! bravo! love it!) and came across a great quote that I wanted to share. You could put it into rotation with the other random quotes that pop up on the the site / forum. Maybe you only have room for the second part (the money line) but the sentence leading up to it helps clarify.

She grins. "I'm not a yellow card. I don't have anything to fear."
Hock Seng makes himself smile in return, thinking that she does not know how little anyone cares to separate wheat from chaff, when all anyone wants to do is burn a field.

- The Windup Girl, end of chapter 22, page 204 of hardcover
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-06-05 2:49 PM (#2441 - in reply to #2438)
Subject: RE: Good Quote for Random Quotes

Admin

Wintermute - 2011-06-05 2:25 PM I am reading The Windup Girl right now (excellent! bravo! love it!) and came across a great quote that I wanted to share. You could put it into rotation with the other random quotes that pop up on the the site / forum. Maybe you only have room for the second part (the money line) but the sentence leading up to it helps clarify. She grins. "I'm not a yellow card. I don't have anything to fear." Hock Seng makes himself smile in return, thinking that she does not know how little anyone cares to separate wheat from chaff, when all anyone wants to do is burn a field. - The Windup Girl, end of chapter 22, page 204 of hardcover

Added it thus:

"I'm not a yellow card. I don't have anything to fear." Hock Seng makes himself smile in return, thinking that she does not know how little anyone cares to separate wheat from chaff, when all anyone wants to do is burn a field. - The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

You should be able to add your own quotes.  Have you tried the "Quotes" link up under the forum header?  Let me know if you have any trouble or if you can't see the link.

Wintermute
Posted 2011-06-05 3:04 PM (#2442 - in reply to #2438)
Subject: Re: Good Quote for Random Quotes

Did not know that was possible! Excellent. I am going to add some good quotes from now on. Hey, this site is pretty cool after all... :-) !!! Hazaa
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)