open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself. -- Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind)
- (Added by: CyBorg)

Our reads in October 2024
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

dustydigger
Posted 2024-09-30 2:51 PM (#30209)
Subject: Our reads in October 2024

Elite Veteran

Once again we are approachingHalloween.Do you have any reading plans for the month and Halloween week.
I think I will do some rereading of early 20th century authors,possibly,Bierce,Blackwood.Lovecraft,Le Fanu,M R James and the like. Short stories will be convenient as I have to spend a lot of my time taking care of my husband.My first read will probably be Alfred Noyes Midnight Express. I am only familiar with his poem The Highwayman,none of his stories. Its interesting just how many authors a hundred years ago tried their hand at weird tales and horror.from E Nesbit to Arthur Conan Doyle,Mark Twain to Arthur Quiller-Couch,H G Wells to Walter de la Mare.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
daxxh
Posted 2024-10-01 9:59 AM (#30211 - in reply to #30209)
Subject: Re: Our reads in October 2024

Extreme Veteran

October Books

The October Country - Ray Bradbury for a group read.
Bag of Bones - Stephen King for the Halloween Challenge
Sheine Lende - Darcie Little Badger
In Ascension - Martin MacInnes - maybe.

Too many heavy nonfiction books last month. I want some lighter fare for this month. I have tons of Star Trek that will fit the bill and I just found Galactic Derelict by Andre Norton on my Kindle. Or, since it is October, some more Stephen King or perhaps something Gothic.

Edited by daxxh 2024-10-01 10:01 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)