open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Listen, my dear Cors, why don't you forgive God for allowing pain? If He didn't allow it, human courage, bravery, nobility, and self-sacrifice would all be meaningless things." - Walter M. Miller, Jr. (A Canticle for Leibowitz)
- (Added by: Emil)

Gardner Dozois: Year's Best SF Third Annual
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

Scott Laz
Posted 2012-02-13 3:26 PM (#3028)
Subject: Gardner Dozois: Year's Best SF Third Annual

Uber User

Hi. When I was adding Dozois's second annual to my reading list, I noticed two books are labeled with that title. It looks like the 2nd annual is labeled correctly, but the 3rd annual is also labeled as the 2nd...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2012-02-13 5:28 PM (#3031 - in reply to #3028)
Subject: RE: Gardner Dozois: Year's Best SF Third Annual

Admin

Scott Laz - 2012-02-13 3:26 PM Hi. When I was adding Dozois's second annual to my reading list, I noticed two books are labeled with that title. It looks like the 2nd annual is labeled correctly, but the 3rd annual is also labeled as the 2nd...

Thank you, Scott!  The title has been fixed.  I think it's been like that for a couple years.  D'oh!

Scott Laz
Posted 2012-02-13 6:36 PM (#3032 - in reply to #3028)
Subject: Re: Gardner Dozois: Year's Best SF Third Annual

Uber User

In case anyone is interested, the reason I happened to be looking at that is because I recently found that those first two Dozois annuals, which are "best of" collections for 1983 and 1984, have just become available as e-books. They've never been reprinted before and haven't been available at a reasonable price in the used market, so this is a nice development for collectors... Instead of $200 on ebay, you can get them from Amazon for $7. The first one is an especially nice collection of stories...

Edited by Scott Laz 2012-02-13 6:37 PM
Administrator
Posted 2012-02-14 8:02 AM (#3033 - in reply to #3032)
Subject: Re: Gardner Dozois: Year's Best SF Third Annual

Admin

Ebook versions of this series is a great idea.  They really are jam packed with SF goodness.

I've been slowly collecting the series in hardcover over the last couple years.  I've got 6 volumes so far that I've found at Half Price Books.  They'll get a ton of one volume in at a time and mark them half off cover price.  After awhile they'll start to mark them down until eventually one or two will make it over to the clearance section for $3.  That's the first place I go when ever I'm in the store and I go at least once a week.  I guess they're just trying to free up some space in the section for incoming books.  I've gotten some great books over the years just by waiting for them to go clearance.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)