open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." - Sir Arthur Eddington
- (Added by: Administrator)

George R R Martin's interview with Conan O'Brian
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> AuthorsMessage format

Badseedgirl
Posted 2013-06-06 10:29 AM (#5214)
Subject: George R R Martin's interview with Conan O'Brian

Uber User

I must admit that I do not normally watch Conan O'Brian's late night show, so I don't know what his interview style is, but when I saw that George R. R. Martin, Author of "A Song of Fire and Ice" series, or Game of Thrones, as it has come to be known, was on last night , I decided to watch it. OMG, it was obvious from the first 30 seconds of the interview that, Mr. O'Brian had never read any of the books. He spent the entire interview talking about the TV series, which Mr. Martin does not even write! Mr. Martin handled the interview very well, and several times mentioned that people should read the book. So, did any other fans watch the interview, and what was your take on it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Deven Science
Posted 2013-06-21 5:34 PM (#5326 - in reply to #5214)
Subject: Re: George R R Martin's interview with Conan O'Brian

Uber User

I watched it. It's funny, as I am a fan of the show, but have not read the novels, I didn't notice what you pointed out. I was just watching to see the glee in GRRM's eye when talking of shocking people with the Red Wedding. He seems very happy about it all, which is awesome.
Administrator
Posted 2013-06-21 7:32 PM (#5333 - in reply to #5326)
Subject: Re: George R R Martin's interview with Conan O'Brian

Admin

That video segment in the interview where they showed people's reactions was really great!  I wish I had thought to film my wife during that scene.  When the first knife came out she sat bolt upright, eyes wide, gasping for breath then started screaming "Nooooooo!  No!  NO!  No, please God, no....."  Afterwards she was quiet for a few minutes then she turned on my like it was my fault.  "What the hell was that?  Why didn't you tell me that was coming?  What is wrong with George R. R. Martin?  I don't think I can watch this show anymore."  This is the clean version, of course.

After she calmed down I told her that was the second scene in the series that caused me to throw my book across the room and swear off of it.  Like me she went back for more.  She HAS to see Geoffrey get his now.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)