L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future, Volume XXIX
Science Fiction short stories from the freshest, most talented new voices in Science Fiction and Fantasy, each illustrated by the best new artist in the genre
Turn the page... open your eyes... and look into the future
They unleash the power of dreams and unlock the secrets of the universe.
They bend time, twist perception, and put a new spin on the laws of physics.
They show us who we are, what we may become, and how far we can go.
They are the Writers of the Future.
Experience their vision:
In twelve seconds you will catch one last glimpse of the world
A Love Story... with Death
Alien Contact has meaning deep beneath the ads ... don't trust what you read
The Steampunk Clock is not only broken, so is TIME itself
She is not a dream weaver or a dream catcher... She is a dream eater
Hero Duty calls.... all the way from the Dead
Love and War know no bounds... or do they?
"Adventurous, lighthearted, thought-provoking, and grim, these stories cover a wide range of science and magic, each unique, refreshing, and innovative in a variety of different ways. The anthology is fleshed out by essays from the late Hubbard, Nnedi Okorafor, and artist Larry Elmore. This book is not to be missed, full of exciting new writers to watch." --Publishers Weekly Starred Review
"The Writers of the Future... Long may it continue!" --Neil Gaiman
Writers of the Future has become the most respected and significant forum for new talent in all aspects of speculative fiction. Never before published first-rate science fiction and fantasy stories selected by top names in the field. Authors and artists discovered by Writers of the Future have gone to publish more works than other Writing Contest. It is a leading showcase of creative writing and opens gateways to art.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction - (2013) - essay by Dave Wolverton
- War Hero - (2013) - short fiction by Brian Trent
- Planetary Scouts - (2013) - novella by Stephen Sottong
- Twelve Seconds - (2013) - novelette by Tina Gower
- The Manuscript Factory - (1935) - essay by L. Ron Hubbard
- The Grande Complication - (2013) - short fiction by Christopher Reynaga
- Cop for a Day - (2013) - short fiction by Chrome Oxide
- Gonna Reach Out and Grab Ya - (2013) - short fiction by Eric Cline
- The Sport of Writing - (2013) - essay by Nnedi Okorafor
- Vestigial Girl - short fiction by Alex Wilson
- Holy Days - (2013) - short fiction by Kodiak Julian
- The Ghost Wife of Arlington - (2013) - novelette by Marilyn Guttridge
- Journey For a New Artist - (2013) - essay by Larry Elmore
- Everything You Have Seen - (2013) - short fiction by Alisa Alering
- Scavengers - (2013) - short fiction by Shannon Peavey
- Dreameater - (2013) - novelette by Andrea G. Stewart
- Master Belladino's Mask - (2013) - novelette by Marina J. Lostetter
- The Year In Contests - (2013) - essay by uncredited
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!