open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx
- (Added by: Administrator)

Harry Hendrick series
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

Acknud
Posted 2024-04-17 2:53 PM (#29504)
Subject: Harry Hendrick series

Uber User

I was looking at the Harry Hendrick series by Gary Kemble. According to Goodreads there are three books. #1 is Strange Ink, #2 is Bad Blood, and #3 is Dark Ink. ISFDB lists the series as 2 books, Strange ink and Dark Ink. WWE has it listed as the same as ISFDB but also as Bad Blood as an alternate title for Dark ink. I think Goodreads is correct but I wanted to run it by here before I changed anything. How do you straighten out this alternate name issue because I am also finding Strange Ink called Skin deep?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Weesam
Posted 2024-04-17 9:06 PM (#29505 - in reply to #29504)
Subject: Re: Harry Hendrick series

Uber User

Looks to me like ISFDB is more correct, and Goodreads is totally wrong. I did a quick search and on Gary Kemble's own website it says
"Dark Ink (the US/UK version of Bad Blood). Coming to a bookshop near you October 2019!"

And on thisishorror.co.uk I find this:
"Strange Ink is the international release of his first novel, published a few years ago in Australia only, as Skin Deep."

So it would appear that they were published first in Australia as Skin Deep (pub 2015, Echo Publishing) and Bad Blood pub 2016, Echo Publishing), with new international publications being called Strange Ink (pub 2018, Titan) and Dark Ink (pub 2019, Titan).

Even in Goodreads itself, in the authors bio it says "His debut novel Strange Ink (aka Skin Deep in Australia/NZ)"

Also, the blurbs for Strange Ink and Skin Deep are the same, as are the blurbs for Dark Ink and Bad Blood.

Another great resource to check is fantasticfiction.com. Under Gary Kemble over there it is is listed identical to how we have it.

Therefore I think we can safely say they are Strange Ink (alternate title Skin Deep) and Dark Ink (alternate title Bad Blood), which is lucky as that is how we have it in the database. Yay us! We're better than both Goodreads and ISFDB in this case!

Edited by Weesam 2024-04-17 9:35 PM
Acknud
Posted 2024-04-18 8:25 AM (#29506 - in reply to #29505)
Subject: Re: Harry Hendrick series

Uber User

Weesam - 2024-04-17 9:06 PM

Therefore I think we can safely say they are Strange Ink (alternate title Skin Deep) and Dark Ink (alternate title Bad Blood), which is lucky as that is how we have it in the database. Yay us! We're better than both Goodreads and ISFDB in this case!

Thanks for clearing that up. It gets confusing sometimes!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)