open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Utopia, I see, is only a home for those who have learnt the way. -- H.G. Wells (Men Like Gods)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Alien Force Fields Now Available
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Off TopicMessage format

Wintermute
Posted 2011-06-26 1:14 PM (#2474)
Subject: Alien Force Fields Now Available

Remember everyone's consternation when the aliens arrived and we learned their ships had force fields? How are we suppose to scuttle an intergalactic, extra-dimensional battle cruiser if our missiles cannot reach the skin of the ship? Looks like a US defense contractor has finally figured out how to install a rudimentary force field of our own (i.e. for humans) from the technology we appropriated from the aliens in 1948 (Roswell. Hello?).

http://www.nationalreview.com/the-feed/270455/meet-iron-curtain-act...

I am sure the system will eventually be updated to include protection against quasar lasers. Until then, pretty impressive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-06-26 11:19 PM (#2477 - in reply to #2474)
Subject: RE: Alien Force Fields Now Available

Admin

Wintermute - 2011-06-26 1:14 PM Remember everyone's consternation when the aliens arrived and we learned their ships had force fields? How are we suppose to scuttle an intergalactic, extra-dimensional battle cruiser if our missiles cannot reach the skin of the ship? Looks like a US defense contractor has finally figured out how to install a rudimentary force field of our own (i.e. for humans) from the technology we appropriated from the aliens in 1948 (Roswell. Hello?). http://www.nationalreview.com/the-feed/270455/meet-iron-curtain-act... I am sure the system will eventually be updated to include protection against quasar lasers. Until then, pretty impressive.

I've seen this technology before and it's certainly bad ass.  It seems a little cumbersome on the vehicles but I'm sure it will get smaller as time goes on.  I think the enemy would target the system itself - knock it out then hit the jeep with a second shot.  Though that would probably allow the occupants a chance to escape.

The test is pretty impressive but the conditions are really controlled.  I'd like to see the rocket hit at an angle or hit the system.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)