open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett
- (Added by: Administrator)

Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II
[Frozen]

Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... >
Now viewing page 8 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

valashain
Posted 2016-06-11 4:00 AM (#13776 - in reply to #13760)
Subject: RE: Authors to add and their books I have read

Uber User

Ann Walker - 2016-06-08 11:41 PM Could you add "Marrow Island" by Alexis M. Smith, and also add her to the Woman Authors list? Thanks. Here's the Amazon listing for "Marrow Island" http://www.amazon.com/Marrow-Island-Alexis-M-Smith/dp/0544373413?ie...

This one is in.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Momosnyx
Posted 2016-06-11 4:34 AM (#13778 - in reply to #13775)
Subject: Re: Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

valashain - 2016-06-11 10:53 AM

We turned a request for these down before because they are e-book only some time back I think. They are up for discussion in the uberuser forum. Know that all the individual Tor.com stories have been added to the database. You can always label the individual stories as read.

Thanks for the reply, I'll do so.
valashain
Posted 2016-06-11 4:42 AM (#13779 - in reply to #13764)
Subject: Re: Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

Uber User

Weesam - 2016-06-10 9:33 AM Some more 2016 books I've purchased/pre-ordered recently which I'd love to have added: Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge - Paul Krueger Waypoint Kangaroo - Curtis Chen New Pompeii - Daniel Godfrey The Suicide Motor Club - Christopher Buehlman A Green and Ancient Light - Frederic Durbin Silent Hall - N S Dolkart I really have to stop buying books! Thanks

Four thousand authors in the database and yet you manage to find five out of six that are not it. I should charge you for this :P

Anyways, they have been added.

jontlaw
Posted 2016-06-11 8:27 PM (#13787 - in reply to #13563)

Veteran

Valashain- thanks. Been out of town. I hate it when they publish under multiple titles.
valashain
Posted 2016-06-12 3:23 AM (#13789 - in reply to #13787)

Uber User

jontlaw - 2016-06-12 3:27 AM Valashain- thanks. Been out of town. I hate it when they publish under multiple titles.

Yea, it can get very confusing. The Lake series is in now too. 

Badseedgirl said she might have time for the other series.

Edited by valashain 2016-06-12 3:23 AM
pauljames
Posted 2016-06-12 8:52 AM (#13790 - in reply to #13789)

Veteran

Could you please add some of Dean Koontz's earlier novels that we do not have.

The Face of Fear
Whispers
The Mask
Twilight Eyes
The Key to Midnight

I can recommend all these. Classic Koontz.

Thanks, Paul
valashain
Posted 2016-06-12 9:28 AM (#13791 - in reply to #13790)

Uber User

pauljames - 2016-06-12 3:52 PM Could you please add some of Dean Koontz's earlier novels that we do not have. The Face of Fear Whispers The Mask Twilight Eyes The Key to Midnight I can recommend all these. Classic Koontz. Thanks, Paul

Done.

Badseedgirl
Posted 2016-06-12 2:13 PM (#13793 - in reply to #13789)

Uber User

valashain - 2016-06-12 3:23 AM

jontlaw - 2016-06-12 3:27 AM Valashain- thanks. Been out of town. I hate it when they publish under multiple titles.

Yea, it can get very confusing. The Lake series is in now too.

Badseedgirl said she might have time for the other series.

I'll be working on them tonight.
Badseedgirl
Posted 2016-06-13 10:12 AM (#13797 - in reply to #13793)

Uber User

@Jontlaw - I have the first 10 in the Dray Prescot series.
BeckyLeJ
Posted 2016-06-13 10:27 AM (#13798 - in reply to #13563)

How about Emmy Laybourne's SWEET? Her others are in the database but not this latest.

Thanks!
Dlw28
Posted 2016-06-14 5:18 PM (#13808 - in reply to #13758)

Extreme Veteran

Dlw28 - 2016-06-08 1:09 PM

HI, could you please add Paul Cornell's The Lost Child of Lychford? It's out in November. Also the last in VE Schwab's Shades of magic trilogy-due in February next year. Or is it too early to ask??
Thanks!

Not sure if this got lost!
JZS
Posted 2016-06-17 12:11 PM (#13811 - in reply to #13563)

I have quite a few I can't find here (sorry). Some I hope are easier- the publishers are listed but not the books: Wesley Chu's latest "Days of Tao" is from Subterranean Press, Aurlie Venem's "Samantha Watkins" is from Amazon Crossing, and Janina Matthewson's "Of Things Gone Astray" is from Harper Collins UK (The Friday Project imprint).

I've also been reading quite a few from smaller publishers not listed here:
Fahrenheit Press: Jo Perry's "Dead is Better" & "Dead is Best"
Black Rose Writing: Kurt Godwin's "The Eternal Footman" and Damon Norko's "The Ghost Writer"
Kindle Press (publisher for books found thru Kindle Scout) Rob Blackwell's "Forest of Forever" & "The Pretender"

And I don't know if it's possible to add self published? I became such a fan of Blackwell after "Forest" that I just purchased all of his earlier self published "Sandheim Chronicles"

Any you can add will be much appreciated. Thanks
pauljames
Posted 2016-06-18 5:08 AM (#13812 - in reply to #13811)

Veteran

I just bought The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz.

Can you add this please.
valashain
Posted 2016-06-19 2:40 AM (#13816 - in reply to #13798)

Uber User

BeckyLeJ - 2016-06-13 5:27 PM How about Emmy Laybourne's SWEET? Her others are in the database but not this latest. Thanks!

This one is in.

valashain
Posted 2016-06-19 2:41 AM (#13817 - in reply to #13808)

Uber User

Dlw28 - 2016-06-15 12:18 AM
Dlw28 - 2016-06-08 1:09 PM HI, could you please add Paul Cornell's The Lost Child of Lychford? It's out in November. Also the last in VE Schwab's Shades of magic trilogy-due in February next year. Or is it too early to ask?? Thanks!
Not sure if this got lost!

Nope it didn't. There is a reply a few posts up on why I prefer not to add books until a month or two prior to publication.

valashain
Posted 2016-06-19 2:47 AM (#13818 - in reply to #13811)

Uber User

JZS - 2016-06-17 7:11 PM I have quite a few I can't find here (sorry). Some I hope are easier- the publishers are listed but not the books: Wesley Chu's latest "Days of Tao" is from Subterranean Press, Aurlie Venem's "Samantha Watkins" is from Amazon Crossing, and Janina Matthewson's "Of Things Gone Astray" is from Harper Collins UK (The Friday Project imprint). I've also been reading quite a few from smaller publishers not listed here: Fahrenheit Press: Jo Perry's "Dead is Better" & "Dead is Best" Black Rose Writing: Kurt Godwin's "The Eternal Footman" and Damon Norko's "The Ghost Writer" Kindle Press (publisher for books found thru Kindle Scout) Rob Blackwell's "Forest of Forever" & "The Pretender" And I don't know if it's possible to add self published? I became such a fan of Blackwell after "Forest" that I just purchased all of his earlier self published "Sandheim Chronicles" Any you can add will be much appreciated. Thanks

I added the top three.

We don't at the moment add self-published works unless we need them for a specific list or award or there is another pressing reason to add them. There is so much of it out there that we couldn't possibly keep up. Or distinguish between the barely edited crap and the books that are actually readable.

Of the others the Blackweel's looks very self published to me. CreateSpace is Amazon's POD project. I'm not entirely sure about Godwin and Perry so I will put them up for discussion in the uberuser forum.

valashain
Posted 2016-06-19 2:47 AM (#13819 - in reply to #13812)

Uber User

pauljames - 2016-06-18 12:08 PM I just bought The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz. Can you add this please.

It is in. The boss did this one himself, didn't know he is a Koontz fan

controuble
Posted 2016-06-19 7:10 AM (#13821 - in reply to #13819)

Veteran

Could someone please add Mike Shepherd (a pen name for Mike Moscoe) and his Kris Longknife series (I think there are 14 so far), his Jump Universe novel To Do or Die, and the Vicky Peterwald trilogy Target, Survivor, and Rebel. There are also three books he wrote under his own name in the Jump Universe - they are The First Casualty, The Price of Peace, and They Also Serve.
Publisher for all of these is Ace.
Thank you - I can't believe I haven't tried to put these in before now since I have almost all of them.
Administrator
Posted 2016-06-19 11:34 AM (#13823 - in reply to #13821)

Admin

With the last handful of new books going in we have passed 19,000 books in the database!  Hats off to our Uber Users for keeping up the pace on additions.  Keep those requests coming in.
Weesam
Posted 2016-06-20 3:16 AM (#13828 - in reply to #13823)

Uber User

Since you've reminded me of Dean Koontz by adding some of his books, can we also have these ones:
Life Expectancy
Tick Tock
The Good Guy

Also, can you add The Chimes, by Anna Smaill; and Elixer by Ruth Vincent.

Only 2 out of 3 new authors this time. Which is better than 5 out of 6!

Thanks
kabouter
Posted 2016-06-20 4:35 AM (#13829 - in reply to #13828)

What are the rules about short stories?
"Mwalimu in the Squared Circle" by "Mike Resnick" was nominated for a Hugo Award Short Story, but I suppose it wasn't released stand-alone and thus doesn't get an entry? It is featured in "New Dreams for Old"

Same story for "The Story So Far" by "Martha Soukup"
illegible_scribble
Posted 2016-06-20 6:00 AM (#13830 - in reply to #13829)

Uber User

kabouter - 2016-06-20 9:35 PM
What are the rules about short stories? "Mwalimu in the Squared Circle" by "Mike Resnick" was nominated for a Hugo Award Short Story, but I suppose it wasn't released stand-alone and thus doesn't get an entry? It is featured in "New Dreams for Old" Same story for "The Story So Far" by "Martha Soukup"

So far, all the short fiction added to the WWEnd database meets at least one (and usually two) of these criteria:

1) Hugo or Nebula nominee or winner
2) Available to read for free online from an established genre short fiction venue such as Tor.com, Lightspeed, Clarkesworld, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Strange Horizons, etc.
3) Available to purchase as an individual story (not as part of a collection or anthology)

We've been adding the Nebula- and Hugo-nominated short fiction as we are able (not surprisingly, this is hundreds of entries, and when we add a piece of short fiction, if there is not already in the DB at least one collection or anthology with the short work in it, we've been adding at least one of those as well).

The two stories you mention will definitely get added at some point, either now or later. 

valashain
Posted 2016-06-20 2:59 PM (#13835 - in reply to #13829)

Uber User

kabouter - 2016-06-20 11:35 AM What are the rules about short stories? "Mwalimu in the Squared Circle" by "Mike Resnick" was nominated for a Hugo Award Short Story, but I suppose it wasn't released stand-alone and thus doesn't get an entry? It is featured in "New Dreams for Old" Same story for "The Story So Far" by "Martha Soukup"

Interessante naam heb je gekozen

I'm currently working on the Nebula Awards categories (about 50 novelettes to go and about 200 novellas). These are Hugo nominated so I haven't gotten to them yet. I sneaked them in just now. Other Hugo material will follow when I'm done with the Nebula but it will be a while before I get to them.

striker2550
Posted 2016-06-20 3:39 PM (#13836 - in reply to #13563)

Please add the Saint Vidicon series by Christopher Stasheff, thank you.
JZS
Posted 2016-06-20 4:39 PM (#13837 - in reply to #13563)

Thanks so much. valashain Here is the info about Kindle Press/Scout if it makes a difference: https://kindlescout.amazon.com/agreement . (I really loved Forest )

But Sandheim is definitely self published.

Black Rose & Fahrenheit are pretty new. Fahrenheit is predominately a mystery publisher with Perry being the exception so I understand if it doesnt work.
Jump to page : < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... >
Now viewing page 8 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)