open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: It's supposed to be automatic, but actually you have to push this button. - John Brunner ( Stand on Zanzibar)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Additional BookTrackr Color(s)
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

Anoplophora
Posted 2022-01-28 11:50 AM (#23742)
Subject: Additional BookTrackr Color(s)

New User

I use Worlds Without End as an award nominee reading list, and it would be useful to have BookTracker options besides Read/Not Read/Currently Reading to track my progress.

For example, I'm currently done with the 2021 Hugo Award Nominees. I finished 3, abandoned 1, and am not interested in the other 2. It'd be very satisfying to fill in everything with colors. A single "other" option would be good enough.

My ideal (aware no one is going to get their ideal because people'll want different things) would be a greyed out option for "not interested" and an additional color for "did not finish".

Been taking screenshots of the Worlds Without End nominees by year pages then editing the images.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2022-01-28 4:13 PM (#23743 - in reply to #23742)
Subject: RE: Additional BookTrackr Color(s)

Admin

Anoplophora - 2022-01-28 11:50 AM I use Worlds Without End as an award nominee reading list, and it would be useful to have BookTracker options besides Read/Not Read/Currently Reading to track my progress. For example, I'm currently done with the 2021 Hugo Award Nominees. I finished 3, abandoned 1, and am not interested in the other 2. It'd be very satisfying to fill in everything with colors. A single "other" option would be good enough. My ideal (aware no one is going to get their ideal because people'll want different things) would be a greyed out option for "not interested" and an additional color for "did not finish". Been taking screenshots of the Worlds Without End nominees by year pages then editing the images.

This is actually something that's in the plan for the new WWEnd 3.Oh! site!

If you research a book and decide it's not something you want to read you'll be a able to tag it as "not interested" and it will display that cover in 50% faded black and white. Similar to the unread books on your RYO challenge lists. That way the books are diminished rather than highlighted with a color. You will be able to mouseover the cover to toggle it back to full color if you want to see what the book is later. In addition, books tagged as "not interested" will be omitted from search results, can be seen all together in a personal list of no interest (ha!), and will be an option in other sorting/filtering features that are to be added to the site down the road.

When will this be available? Might as well shake your magic Eight Ball as ask me. All i can say is "it's coming." The new site is plodding forward very slowly right now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)