open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Thousands of people know my flannel knickers, and though I know this may seem flirtatious, it is not. I am a saint. - Leonora Carrington (My Flannel Knickers)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Name that series
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

coianiz
Posted 2011-02-25 5:36 PM (#2340)
Subject: Name that series

New User

Hi all,

A question that I'm not entirely sure can be answered, but some years ago I read a series of fantasy books that I enjoyed. Until recently I had entirely forgotten about it, but now I can't stop trying to remember what the books were called, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I believe the series is about 15-20 years old, it had between 5 and 8 books in the series and the only things I really remember about them are the labyrinth (I think) that started it all and the 'maelstrom' that surrounded the world, or perhaps different worlds or realms. I know it's not a lot to go on, and hence I think it may be impossible to answer, but even any leads that I could investigate would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
daneyvette
Posted 2011-02-25 9:15 PM (#2341 - in reply to #2340)
Subject: RE: Name that series

New User

This is a reach, but I'll take a wild stab at it.

The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny

There is a kind of labyrinth called a 'pattern' that started it all. The series features different worlds or realms that are shadows of Amber. The maelstrom may refer to 'chaos' which opposes Amber.
coianiz
Posted 2011-02-25 11:29 PM (#2342 - in reply to #2340)
Subject: Re: Name that series

New User

I'm sorry I can't give more information on it, but thank you for replying. I don't think it was the one I was thinking of though. However, they sound pretty interesting, I may just have to read them anyway.

Thanks again!
gallyangel
Posted 2011-03-01 1:08 AM (#2343 - in reply to #2340)
Subject: Re: Name that series

Uber User

How about the Earthsea books by Le Guin? The second book was about a tomb that was a labyrinth.

Edited by gallyangel 2011-03-01 1:09 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)