open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. - Number 6 (The Prisoner)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

rich edit box behaviour
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

htaccess
Posted 2012-07-05 1:42 AM (#3580)
Subject: rich edit box behaviour

Veteran

In the forum when you have selected for "rich edit box" editing you do not always get the TinyMCE interface (aka "rich edit box") for text boxes.

Expected behaviour: I get the "rich edit box" whenever I want to enter text on the forum.

Actual behaviour: I get a simple Reply box on any thread, if I want to use the "rich edit box" I need to submit and then edit the post

Reproduction steps:

1. Select "Use rich edit box when composing messages? Yes" dropdown on the control panel (https://www.worldswithoutend.com/mbbs22/profile/controlpanel.asp ).
  2. Navigate to any thread, observe text box at bottom of thread.

Edited by htaccess 2012-07-05 1:57 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Emil
Posted 2012-07-05 3:29 AM (#3592 - in reply to #3580)
Subject: Re: rich edit box behaviour

Uber User

@htaccess I just post the stuff, and then click on "Edit" box in the comment, and untick "Disable HTML." That seems to accept/display the html code properly. There is probably a better way, but our fearless leader will need to explain how to go about it.
Engelbrecht
Posted 2012-07-06 7:41 AM (#3619 - in reply to #3580)
Subject: RE: rich edit box behaviour

Uber User

Before starting a post, hit the Reply button below and to the right of the empty Reply box.  This will then change the simple Reply box to a rich edit Reply box and you can then proceed with posting.
htaccess
Posted 2012-07-08 6:04 PM (#3660 - in reply to #3580)

Veteran

@Engelbrecht, thanks, that works.
Administrator
Posted 2012-07-08 11:19 PM (#3666 - in reply to #3660)

Admin

Thanks Emil and Engelbrecht for jumping in to help!  The forum software leaves much to be desired as you've all noticed I'm sure but there is good news on the horizon!  We're about to launch our new Wordpress blog to replace the current crusty olf blog and after that we'll be turning our attention to integrating the WP forum into the site to replace this ungainly monstrosity.

The blog and the forum will integrate together and will have all the modern features we've been desperate to give you guys like twitter and facebook support and a nice clean intuitive user interface.  We're still a few months out from that but it's coming so keep your fingers crossed and hang in there until then, htaccess!

htaccess
Posted 2012-07-09 5:37 PM (#3674 - in reply to #3580)

Veteran

@Dave, that is good news, a word of warning though I have seen forums die when switching platforms, especially if the old threads are not migrated. Would hate to see the recent activity dry up ....
Administrator
Posted 2012-07-09 6:31 PM (#3675 - in reply to #3674)

Admin

htaccess - 2012-07-09 5:37 PM @Dave, that is good news, a word of warning though I have seen forums die when switching platforms, especially if the old threads are not migrated. Would hate to see the recent activity dry up ....

Making sure we can import all the threads and comments etc. is the part that's taking so long.  It's the same with the forum.  If we were to give that up we'd have a new forum in a few hours.  But, like you say, we'd lose all our momentum and alienate a bunch of folks to boot.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)