open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: ...the enigmatic presence of the human mind winks back from the dark. -- Whitley Strieber (Communion)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Deathworld
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

htaccess
Posted 2012-12-12 11:33 PM (#4396)
Subject: Deathworld

Veteran

Deathworld

The synopsis says "A legendary science fiction story, this trilogy, brought back into print in one single volume, presents hero Jason dinAlt as he discovers three separate planets".

Deathworld should refer to the first book (sometimes called "Deathworld 1") and other two books in the series should be added. The the Hugo nom was for the first book, the second book had not even been written when it was nominated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathworld

In general I think precedence should be given to original books rather than rereleased omnibus editions, the only thing worse than omnibus editions for a true fan are those "double" book releases that SF masterworks seems to be fond of.

I have just finished Deathworld 1 ... do I mark it read or not?

Edited by htaccess 2012-12-12 11:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2012-12-14 9:14 PM (#4408 - in reply to #4396)
Subject: RE: Deathworld

Admin

You're right, we should have the three volumes separately.  I was not aware that the Deathworld we had was an omnibus.  It's our custom to list the individual books of a series rather than an omnibus particularly when an award is involved but this one slipped through.

It's fixed now and books 2 and 3 have been added.  Thanks for pointing it out!

htaccess
Posted 2012-12-14 9:34 PM (#4409 - in reply to #4408)
Subject: Re: Deathworld

Veteran

You know what? You guys rock, your responsiveness is awesome! Thanks for the fix, I can happily mark the first book as read

Edited by htaccess 2012-12-14 9:36 PM
Administrator
Posted 2012-12-14 9:49 PM (#4410 - in reply to #4409)
Subject: Re: Deathworld

Admin

htaccess - 2012-12-14 9:34 PM You know what? You guys rock, your responsiveness is awesome! Thanks for the fix, I can happily mark the first book as read

Heh.  Thanks.  We try to get to the requests and such as fast as we can especially the errors which we stamp out with extreme prejudice lest they fester

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)