open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Things that try to look like things often do look more like things than things. Well-known fact. - Terry Pratchett (Wyrd Sisters)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Captcha on Blog Posts
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

francesashton
Posted 2013-08-12 2:54 PM (#5508)
Subject: Captcha on Blog Posts

Regular

I was trying to comment on the blog post about the lamps. The captcha said:
- 1 = 5

I couldn't work out an answer to that especially as I was only allowed to insert 1 character. Also the captcha is the same every time you go on to the page which suggests it isn't working right somewhere.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2013-08-12 3:59 PM (#5509 - in reply to #5508)
Subject: RE: Captcha on Blog Posts

Admin

Hmmmm.  Are you saying that the blank form field was not there to the left of the -1?  It should looke like this: "blank field - 1 = 5".  You should be able to drop a "6" in the blank to solve the problem and prove you're human.  I don't think it matters if it's the same math problem every time but it should be showing a random problem.
It's been forever since I had to use the captcha since I've been logged in continuously for the last few years   I'll take a look and see what I can do.  I think we're behind on some Wordpress upgrades so it may be as simple as installing those.
justifiedsinner
Posted 2013-08-13 11:15 AM (#5510 - in reply to #5508)
Subject: Re: Captcha on Blog Posts

Uber User

Why, if I am logged in do I have to put in my name and do the captcha anyway. By that time don't you know who I am anyway?
Administrator
Posted 2013-08-13 11:23 AM (#5511 - in reply to #5510)

Admin

justifiedsinner - 2013-08-13 11:15 AM Why, if I am logged in do I have to put in my name and do the captcha anyway. By that time don't you know who I am anyway?

The blog is not connected to the forum.  It's a completely differnet system so you have to log in to each one separately.  Some day we'll transition our forum over to Wordpress and eliminate that but it won't be anytime soon.

francesashton
Posted 2013-08-13 1:29 PM (#5512 - in reply to #5508)

Regular

Now I'll admit that -1=5 doesn't lead me to 6 as the answer but then I've always been numerically dyslexic (discalculia btw), so numerical puzzles aren't the best things for people like me! Having said that, if the answer to the puzzle is always to just add the two numbers together then I've got it sussed :-)

Just went to the blog post and I got the puzzle -1 = 2 and it worked when I put in 3, so you've got a daft comment to delete if you don't mind! Still don't understand why it was the same puzzle each time yesterday though - same session maybe but that's curiosity value more than anything?

Anyway, now I need to try and remember what inane comment I was going to make.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)