open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I think that most of us, anyway, read these stories that we know are not "true" because we're hungry for another kind of truth: the mythic truth about human nature in general, the particular truth about those life-communities that define our own identity, and the most specific truth of all: our own self-story. Fiction, because it is not about someone who lived in the real world, always has the possibility of being about oneself. " - Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game)
- (Added by: Emil)

Elizabeth Hand - Winterlong
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

HRO
Posted 2014-01-23 7:03 PM (#6218)
Subject: Elizabeth Hand - Winterlong

Uber User

The database has the publication date of Winterlong by Elizabeth Hand as 1997 but I think it's 1990. (?) Also, it's the first book in a series - Book 2 is stival Tide, Book 3 is Icarus Descending.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2014-01-23 8:19 PM (#6221 - in reply to #6218)
Subject: RE: Elizabeth Hand - Winterlong

Admin

HRO - 2014-01-23 7:03 PM The database has the publication date of Winterlong by Elizabeth Hand as 1997 but I think it's 1990. (?) Also, it's the first book in a series - Book 2 is stival Tide, Book 3 is Icarus Descending.

Right you are!  Fixed the date and added the series info.  I'm glad we already had all three books in the database.  I just hate an incomplete series!  Thanks!

Speaking of series, are you all aware of the Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Series List? It's one of my favorites but I think it gets missed sometimes.  It's a list of every series in our database, that we know of at least.  Winterlong is on there now.  It's a great way to find a series to read and you can see all the series you've started on or marked to read for later in one place.  Just click the "My Series" link in the alpha menu.

daxxh
Posted 2014-01-23 11:32 PM (#6222 - in reply to #6221)
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Hand - Winterlong

Extreme Veteran

I noticed that William Hope Hodgson's name is not spelled correctly on the picture of the book The House on the Borderlands on the site.
Administrator
Posted 2014-01-24 12:59 AM (#6223 - in reply to #6222)
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Hand - Winterlong

Admin

daxxh - 2014-01-23 11:32 PM I noticed that William Hope Hodgson's name is not spelled correctly on the picture of the book The House on the Borderlands on the site.

WTF?!  You're right!  I can't believe I did not catch that before.  That nobody has ever pointed it out to us before!  Of course it's not the first time we've been gotten by a bad Masterworks image.  Hell, it's not even the first time this year.  I had to replace the image for The Riddle Master's Game just the other day because the image we had was for a slightly different title that never appeared that way in the series.

It's fixed now though you may have to refresh to get the corrected image.  I rest a little easier knowing that the misspelled image is used all over the internet even on Goodreads and Abe Books but still it's a little embarrassing.  Thanks so much for pointing it out!

HRO
Posted 2014-01-25 7:21 AM (#6227 - in reply to #6221)
Subject: RE: Elizabeth Hand - Winterlong

Uber User

Administrator - 2014-01-23 9:19 PM Right you are! Fixed the date and added the series info.

Thank you for the correction. And I'll have to go check out the series thingy that you mentioned.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)