Swan Sister: Fairy Tales Retold
Simon & Schuster, 2003
|Series:||Fairy Tales Retold|
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Sub-Genre Tags:||Fairytale Fantasy|
|If you liked Swan Sister: Fairy Tales Retold you might like these books.|
|Avg Member Rating:||
Just as fairy-tale magic can transform a loved one into a swan, the contributors to this book have transformed traditional fairy tales and legends into stories that are completely original, yet still tantalizingly familiar.
In this book you will find:
- a Rapunzel whose most confining prison is her loneliness
- a contemporary rendering of the Green Man myth
- two different versions of Red Riding Hood
- a tale that grew out of a Celtic folk song
- Sleeping Beauty's experience of her enchantment
- two works inspired by the Arabian Nights
- and more
In the follow-up to A Wolf at the Door, thirteen renowned authors come together with a selection of new and surprising adaptations of the fairy tales we think we know so well. These fresh takes on classic tales will show you sides of each.
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!